Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > MBP too sleepy

MBP too sleepy
LDB
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 24, 2012, 07:34 PM

I have the power setting on power adapter set to computer sleep never and screen sleep at 20 minutes. The screen will dim and go blank and a little while later when I tap the spacebar or swipe the touchpad it goes to the start screen where I have to put in my password again. Is that normal? I didn't anticipate entering the password unless I shut it down and restarted.

P
Jun 25, 2012, 04:55 AM

That's the screensaver kicking in. If you don't want it, go to the screensaver settings and set that activation to never, or just disable the password requirement there.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

mac_attack
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 25, 2012, 06:27 PM

It is at least quick to react when it comes back?

Forum Links
Forum Rules