Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Best earphones for iphone

Best earphones for iphone
Pretz
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 21, 2009, 07:40 AM

I need a pair of headphones for my iphone. i was thinking about getting the skullcandy iphone fmjs but i am still not totally sure about that. i want them to be less than $100 and they need a mic. does anybody have some that they recommend?
"A rich man's joke is always funny."

kikkoman
Senior User
Feb 24, 2009, 01:30 PM

I just got the new Apple In Ear headphones w/mic and they are excellent. Really great treble and midrange. The bass is better than what I expected considering some reviews said they had no bass at all. I'm guessing maybe they did not have them inserted right or they were not able to achieve a good seal with the included ear plugs. I think they sound fantastic. The only real complaint I have with them is the cord makes noise when it rubs against anything but that's to be expected with any in ear headphone.

Pretz  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 24, 2009, 04:24 PM

I tried those out and they didn't fit right in my ears. I wish they did. They looked and felt real but they just kept falling out.
"A rich man's joke is always funny."

Zeeb
Mac Elite
Feb 27, 2009, 11:40 PM

I got the Sennheiser MM50 Ip headphones with mic and they sound just as good as some $300 headphones I've tried. Unfortunately, they barely come in under $100 but they've been worth it for me.

slugslugslug
Mac Elite
Feb 28, 2009, 11:16 AM

I thought I'd seen those Sennheisers for less. I've also seen good reviews on Amazon and elsewhere for the Maximo iMetal series. They make an in-ear and regular-style earbud version. List is $70-80, but I think the non-in-ear were on sale for around $40 in a few places.

brpinnc
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 28, 2009, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by slugslugslug View Post
I thought I'd seen those Sennheisers for less. I've also seen good reviews on Amazon and elsewhere for the Maximo iMetal series. They make an in-ear and regular-style earbud version. List is $70-80, but I think the non-in-ear were on sale for around $40 in a few places.
Sounds like a good deal!

placebo1969
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 10, 2009, 10:26 PM

My wife bought me a pair of Shure E210s for Christmas. She didn't realize that I was looking at the Apple In Ear ones. I had to get the Music Phone adaptor so I could answer calls and switch songs. I tried a couple different ear plugs and could never really find a good fit for me. Plus, the cables seemed a little still/thick. I ended up getting the Apple ones and they fit and great. Plus, the wires are lightweight and unobtrusive. Anyone one a pair of slightly used E210s?

maxintosh
Mac Elite
Mar 11, 2009, 12:22 PM

My Skullcandy FMJs have broken twice and their warranty exchange is horrible and slow. Same with V-Moda btw.

Forum Links
Forum Rules