Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Question - Where's QuickBook and what version of FAXstfX?

Question - Where's QuickBook and what version of FAXstfX?
blacksheep
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 5, 2003, 05:17 AM

Does the 17" PB come with QuickBook as advertise? Where is it? Anyway, I don't know what's QuickBook. Just curious.

I found that iDVD has to be installed using the Software Restore DVD over my current setup. After installation, it kinda changes some of my settings. Not a big issue. Have yet to try iDVD.

FAXstfX. Does not come with the Pro version?

Have yet to work on the HD in the 17" PB. Working off an external FireWire startup HD.

naphtali
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 5, 2003, 05:40 AM

blacksheep  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 5, 2003, 06:29 AM

Thanks.

Guess, I have been cut short. No Developer Tools too! Nevermind, can download DT from ADC. I hardly go to the Singapore and Australia sites.

naphtali
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 5, 2003, 07:16 AM

What the fart?!? ! No Developer Tools?

QuickBooks I can maybe understand, since it might have some US-centric calculations and what not, but DT? That's a pretty chunky download, even with DSL.

*Now wonders why the box is so heavy*

blacksheep  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 5, 2003, 07:23 AM

Originally posted by naphtali:
What the fart?!? ! No Developer Tools?

QuickBooks I can maybe understand, since it might have some US-centric calculations and what not, but DT? That's a pretty chunky download, even with DSL.

*Now wonders why the box is so heavy*
Ya, wtf!? A joke on myself. LOL. Anyway, I have download DT awhile. Just do it at the background. I believe when Mac OS X v10.3 is released, DT will come with it.

nbnz
Senior User
Apr 5, 2003, 07:31 AM

hey blacksheep, like your homepage

jtbowden
Forum Regular
Apr 5, 2003, 02:14 PM

Are you sure there are no Dev Tools? That is what I thought, but they were in a folder called "Installers" or something like that.

nobitacu
Mac Elite
Apr 5, 2003, 06:02 PM

Weird... mine came with all that installed already. It should all be in your App folder.

Ming

Originally posted by blacksheep:
Does the 17" PB come with QuickBook as advertise? Where is it? Anyway, I don't know what's QuickBook. Just curious.

I found that iDVD has to be installed using the Software Restore DVD over my current setup. After installation, it kinda changes some of my settings. Not a big issue. Have yet to try iDVD.

FAXstfX. Does not come with the Pro version?

Have yet to work on the HD in the 17" PB. Working off an external FireWire startup HD.
A Proud Mac User Since: 03/24/03
Apple Computer: MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 3 GB Memory, 120 GB HD

naphtali
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 5, 2003, 11:32 PM

That's because you've got the US package.

CheesePuff
Professional Poster
Apr 5, 2003, 11:42 PM

QuickBooks only supports USD, thats why it is only included with U.S. purchases.

The developer tools should be in the applications folder in a folder called Installers.

blacksheep  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 6, 2003, 02:46 AM

Sorry guys, me blur as usual. There's this folder in Applications called Installers. The DT package is inside. But I have yet to run it as I already have DT on my system. I just updated my previous system. Did not do a clean install. Although I did it on the PB's HD. Cause, I'm working off an external FW startup HD. Once again, it's like
|
|
|
|
V

Forum Links
Forum Rules