Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > will not load

will not load
fminmexico
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 18, 2009, 01:58 PM

I just got a Mac MIni G6 from a friend.When I start it I get the mac logo with a black line with colored symbols on it and it goes no further.I have tried to install Mac 0s9 and 0sx and I cannot get past the first screen.Any help out there.
fminmexico

iREZ
Professional Poster
Mar 18, 2009, 04:05 PM

mac mini G6?

What is the first screen that you're talking about? grey/white screen with apple? choosing your language for the install? Blue screen?
NOW YOU SEE ME! 2.4 MBP and 2.0 MBP (running ubuntu)

fminmexico  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 18, 2009, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by iREZ View Post
mac mini G6?

What is the first screen that you're talking about? grey/white screen with apple? choosing your language for the install? Blue screen?
Grey screen with Apple logo and black line the only screen that I can get.
fminmexico.

Professional Poster
Mar 19, 2009, 07:12 PM

First of all, what Mac mini do you REALLY have? Mac mini G6 doesn't exist. Is it an Intel machine? A G4? What are you installing from? System disks that came with the mini, or disks that you got from somewhere else?

fminmexico  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 20, 2009, 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by adamfishercox View Post
First of all, what Mac mini do you REALLY have? Mac mini G6 doesn't exist. Is it an Intel machine? A G4? What are you installing from? System disks that came with the mini, or disks that you got from somewhere else?
Sorry about that,I cannot tell you the exact model that it is.When I first started it up I got the Grey screen with the black line.It came with system discs for OS9 and OSX.When I try to install any of these I get wrong file system and then the Grey screen.
fminmexico

Forum Links
Forum Rules