Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > iOS 7 beta 6 anticipated next week, gold master may seed Sept. 5th

iOS 7 beta 6 anticipated next week, gold master may seed Sept. 5th
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Aug 15, 2013, 11:38 AM

A sixth and final beta of iOS 7 will reach developers next week, sources say. The exact day is unknown, although Monday has been a common target in the past. Once testing of beta 6 is complete, Apple is reportedly aiming to seed a gold master internally and to partners on September 5th. Developers will get the code on September 10th, the same day as Apple's rumored iPhone event.

A gold master is essentially the same completed version of a piece of software that will reach the public. Barring any unexpected bugs, that means that iOS 7 will probably go live on iTunes and iCloud in mid-September. New iPhones are widely expected to ship later that month with iOS 7 preloaded.

Grendelmon
Senior User
Aug 15, 2013, 12:21 PM

R.I.P., iOS :-(

aristotles
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 15, 2013, 01:02 PM

I am not going to update and I probably will not get an iPhone 5s.

Apple Board members, fire Cook and Ive. Bring back Forstall and/or Avie.
--
Aristotle
15" rMBP 2.7 Ghz ,16GB, 768GB SSD, 64GB iPhone 5 S⃣ 128GB iPad Air LTE

aristotles
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 15, 2013, 01:03 PM

Is anyone working on a Jailbreak to install iOS 6 onto the new iPhone 5s? I would consider the 5S if I could get iOS 6 on it.
--
Aristotle

mitchell_pgh
Posting Junkie
Aug 15, 2013, 03:01 PM

It's nice to see people shoot down an OS before it's even released. iOS 6 is good, but like most things, there is room for improvement.

Rapscallion
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 15, 2013, 06:11 PM

iOS7 is awsome. So many new features, many APIs are expanded and much cleaner making things faster and easier to implement. I haven't heard anything really negative about it other than they don't like the new look and that mostly from jailbreakers who have options. Sorry but thats just silly. Code wise, it's solid, new and improved, expanded, and all around deserving of an upgrade.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Aug 15, 2013, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Grendelmon View Post
R.I.P., iOS :-(
Long live iOS!

I've only very briefly used the very first beta, but iOS 7 is really, really nice. It's very recognizably still iOS, but it feels very different. Much "lighter", and not just in color, and a much better match for the hardware.

Now that they've addressed most of the valid interface complaints, I can't wait to install it.

very
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 15, 2013, 09:28 PM

It seems that BGR was extrapolating the two-week release cycle of iOS 7 betas and the semi-confirmed September 10 event.
Yeah, iOS 7 beta 6 was released today, not next week.

aristotles
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 15, 2013, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by mitchell_pgh View Post
It's nice to see people shoot down an OS before it's even released. iOS 6 is good, but like most things, there is room for improvement.
Some of us are registered developers so we have actually tried it already. It's nice to see people praise an OS before it's even released and without even having used it themselves.

The problem with iOS 7 is not just the icons but the overall look and feel which too flat to be intuitive and usable by regular people. Where does the background end and where does it begin? Can people with deteriorating vision even see some of the text? The calendar is a disaster. Imagine someone with some vision impairment trying to read light grey text on a white background.
--
Aristotle

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Aug 16, 2013, 01:09 AM

It's not "flat". Contrast has been improved by default, and the accessibility options are still there. Are you a developer?

Forum Links
Forum Rules