Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > Dish Network

Dish Network
selowitch
Mac Elite
Mar 26, 2006, 03:50 PM

I am trying to use my Plextor DVR (attached to my Mac) with my DIsh Network dual-channel receiver. I think I'm supposed to use the coaxial output for the second/remote TV (bizarrely marked Channel 21-69 out, which to me doesn't make any sense). Naturally, I'd like to be able to record one program while watching another. Dish Network tech support tells me that can't be done unless you connect the Channel 21-69 port to a television and then to the PVR or VCR. But I can't figure out why this would be the case. What happens to the signal when it passes through the second TV that makes this the case? It seems anyhow like as long as I use the coaxial attenuator that I can at least get a picture from the receiver. Now if I can just figure out how to change channels. I imagine that I cannot change channels using EyeTV under this scenario, and instead must use the second remote. But I can't get it to work. Any ideas?

Forum Links
Forum Rules