Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Help

Help
TROOP
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 27, 2007, 12:18 PM

Hi I'm new here,and I need help. Before I decide to give up on Macs and go back to you know what. I have an eMac that keeps locking up on me whenever I have it do more than 1 thing at a time,and then the only way to get it running again is to use the power button to shut it down.Then to keep it running I might have to turn it off two or three times.Any suggestions.

Will C
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 27, 2007, 12:59 PM

[Your title needs to have a summary of what you are asking rather than just 'help' - but I suspect this is your first post so maybe the mods will probably let you off gently and modify it - Message to mods - could you screen subjects for single words and pop up a warning to the poster if any of the regulars e,g, 'help' occur on peoples early posts?]

Anyway to help you, some questions:-
1. What OS are you running?
2. How much RAM have got you installed?
3. How full is your hard drive?
4. Has this started happening after you installed something?
5. Have you done any of the maintenance things, like zapped PRAM, run Onyx or Mac Janitor etc?
6. Have you recently added or removed RAM?

Sorry for the questions, we need more info.

Forum Links
Forum Rules