Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Sound Check on ATV 4K

Sound Check on ATV 4K
Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
May 3, 2019, 11:39 AM

As I noted in the Lounge. I've been listening to more music. I have sound Check enabled for the Music app, but is it doing what it's supposed to do? It does not seem so to me. I also have it enable in iTunes on my iMac, Is there some sort of "double affect" involved when stream music from my Mac? Is it best to disable Sound Check? anyone experience this?
https://www.appledystopia.com/tech-t...c-tips-page-2/

Turn Off Sound Check
Sound Check is the Apple Ecosystem’s method of controlling audio volume. Unfortunately, it can have the opposite effect. I was listening to an album I have enjoyed for several years. When listening on Apple Music with Sound Check activated, a song that is supposed to be quiet was actually very loud. This may be what Sound Check is supposed to do, but it seems unlikely. This quiet song seemed louder than the heavier, more rockin’ tunes. I had to run over from the kitchen to turn the stereo down. It was that loud.
45/47

Thorzdad
May 3, 2019, 03:22 PM

I tried using SoundCheck for about two minutes and hate, hate, hated what it did to my music. I turned it off and never went near it again. For the life of me, I can't imagine a use for it, though I suppose there is one. Beat me what it is, though.

Chongo  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
May 3, 2019, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Thorzdad View Post
I tried using SoundCheck for about two minutes and hate, hate, hated what it did to my music. I turned it off and never went near it again. For the life of me, I can't imagine a use for it, though I suppose there is one. Beat me what it is, though.
Off it goes when I get home. I will turn it off on our iDevices as well.
45/47

Forum Links
Forum Rules