Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Gaming News & Discussion

Gaming News & Discussion (Page 25)
The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 16, 2011, 11:35 AM

Gow2 was a solid 4 for two years. It disturbed me.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 16, 2011, 11:36 AM

Zenimax: Skyrim ships 10 million copies, outsells other PC titles three to one | Joystiq
Zenimax has announced 10 million copies of The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim have been shipped out to retailers since launch, which represents $650 million in potential sales so far. Keep in mind that those copies are shipped, not sold. Sales for the RPG are doing well so far, and odds are quite a few more of those shipped copies will find their way into homes and stockings this holiday.

Skyrim is Steam's Fastest-Selling Game. Ever.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 16, 2011, 12:39 PM

You just had to use the fookin arrow to the knee joke didn't you.

I'm telling Santa.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 16, 2011, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Gow2 was a solid 4 for two years. It disturbed me.
You know what else is disturbing? I get better connections and less lag with GoW 3 than I do with MW 3. I'll go as far to say I have more fun playing GoW 3 multiplayer than I do MW 3.

BTW - Kudos to Epic for doing an excellent job on the latest Gears DLC. The 2 hour campaign prequel to Gears 1 was a blast to play.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 16, 2011, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Stogieman View Post
You know what else is disturbing? I get better connections and less lag with GoW 3 than I do with MW 3. I'll go as far to say I have more fun playing GoW 3 multiplayer than I do MW 3.
Ummmmmm, dedicated servers?
(i.e., duh)

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 16, 2011, 02:25 PM

Whatever they're doing, its working.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 16, 2011, 02:27 PM

It's too bad it'll be a cold day in hell before Activision does that. At the very least, I imagine I'll have moved on.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 20, 2011, 11:12 AM

Video Game Almost Predicted Kim Jong-Il's Death
In Homefront, a game which takes the death of Kim as the catalyst for a series of North Korean actions which culminate in a Communist conquest of Northern Asia and subsequent occupation of much of the United States, his demise is listed as having taken place in 2012.

With North Korean authorities reporting that he died two days ago, on December 17, 2011, that's pretty damn close. Two more weeks and they'd have been right on the money.

Developed by Kaos Studios, Homefront's overall story was actually penned by John Milius, who not only co-wrote Apocalypse Now but, more poignantly, both wrote and directed Red Dawn, another tale of Communists invading the United States.
Awwwwesommmmmmmme.

Sony Sued Over Its "No Sue" Legal Terms
Good luck. You'll need it.

'Battlefield 2143' easter egg hidden in Back to Karkand DLC | Joystiq
A couple of eagle-eyed Battlefield 3 players have spotted the above easter egg in the recent "Back to Karkand" DLC pack. It's just a stencil on a virtual wall, but of course the number "2143" (at least we're guessing that's the remains of a 4, and not a triangle) would hint at a followup to DICE's Battlefield 2142, the not-quite-as-successful futuristic spinoff of the Battlefield 1942 series. The Battlefield 3 Blog points out that a similar easter egg was hidden back in the Battlefield 2: Euro Force map pack back in 2006, and that egg was eventually the first sign of 2142's release later that year.

The only thing Battlefield fans won't shut up about more than Battlefield 2 is Battlefield 2142.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 20, 2011, 06:40 PM

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 21, 2011, 10:55 AM

Call of Duty Creators Tease new Game With Second Blurry Image

So far the tone of the pics makes me think more of Turok shooter.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Dec 21, 2011, 11:09 AM

Call of Duty Creators Tease new Game With Second Blurry Image

So far the tone of the pics makes me think more of Turok shooter.
Welcome to Terra Nova! You're in charge of defending the encampment and exploring new territory.
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro

Leonard
Professional Poster
Dec 21, 2011, 11:12 AM

Got myself a Kinect with the $100 gift certificate I got for my Birthday. So I'll likely be trying it out in the next week, when I find some time in between playing MW3 and SR3.
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro

-Q-
Dec 21, 2011, 03:15 PM

Steam has Arkham City for 50% off through today (12/21): Save 50% on Batman: Arkham City on Steam

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 22, 2011, 11:41 AM

Networking: How a Shooter Shoots
For all you rage quitters out there...

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 22, 2011, 12:17 PM

As I was saying in another thread, kinects legacy will never be gaming...
Weighing Astronauts Is the Best Kinect Hack Yet
The Kinect's depth-sensing cameras allow them to create a 3D model of the astronaut, compare it to a statistical model of 28,000 people, and predict a weight. It's 97 per cent accurate, which is comparable to the current system. But best of all, it's small, light and doesn't use much power.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 22, 2011, 12:33 PM

Nintendo revels their Zelda timeline. Fanboys, fight!
The Legend of Zelda Timeline... Revealed? - Wii News at IGN

The Zelda series starts with a simple progression. The first four games in the timeline, from earliest to latest are:

1. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
2. The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
3. The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords
4. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Here's where things get complicated, because Ocarina deals with a leap in time and technically only spells out one of those timelines with its ending. However, if these reports are to be believed, Nintendo has generated three scenarios based on Ocarina of Time.

The first, which we'll call Timeline A, assumes Link actually fails to stop Ganon. How or why this is a logical storyline path is a bit lost on us, because the game resolves that battle, but regardless, here are the games that follow Timeline A:

5-A. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
6-A. The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons/Oracle of Ages
7-A. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
8-A. The Legend of Zelda
9-A. The Legend of Zelda II: The Adventures of Link

So there's that - many games based on an odd presumption. Regardless, the next path, Timeline B, works from the presented ending of Ocarina of Time, featuring Link returning to live through his childhood. As we all know, Majora's Mask picks up shortly after Ocarina's ending, leading to these games:

5-B. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
6-B. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
7-B. The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures

One more timeline for you. This one starts with Ganon's defeat in the Ocarina of Time era, and progresses from there - from the time that Link advanced and eventually left so he could be a child once again. Here are the games in Timeline C:

5-C. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
6-C. The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
7-C. The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

P
Dec 22, 2011, 03:24 PM

OK, I'm no Zelda nerd, but I'm fairly sure that LttP started with Ganon imprisoned in "the Golden Land" where he stayed throughout the game (with that other wizard as his cat's paw). How can he be imprisoned if Link lost? Someone else came along and did it?

Actually, I think I'll do the only sane thing: pretend that any game produced after I stopped playing them doesn't exist. Then the timeline makes perfect sense.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 27, 2011, 01:01 PM

Minicraft 2 in the works and needs a better name, Notch reveals | Joystiq
Notch quits Minecraft, an arguably retro take on gaming. Notch then spend 48 hours creating an even more retro version of Minecraft. And now wants to make a sequel. Notch has ADD.

Reggie Fils-Aime doesn't think much of Zynga, but he's intrigued by free-to-play gaming | Joystiq
Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime is notorious for his ability to say very little with a whole lot of words, but he doesn't bother mincing words when it comes to his feelings on social gaming giant Zynga. Speaking to the Wall Street Journal's All Things Digital blog, Fils-Aime answers a question regarding his thoughts on Zynga's recent IPO by saying, "What's the share price? It will be interesting when it breaks below $9." In case it isn't clear, that's the executive way of saying, "Your IPO ain't shit."
He continues by inferring that Zynga's creating the same titles over and over, presumably referring to the company's many "Ville" games, though he seems more than okay with his own company doing as much with its recent release of the seventh Mario Kart title.
That is a massive burn.

Controller Company Berates Customer, Then Penny Arcade. Bring Popcorn.
Initially the correspondence was between Dave and Christoforo, but once things get interesting he ccs us via our tips email address, and around the same time Penny Arcade's Mike Krahulik gets involved.

It's a long, entertaining mess, one which reflects about as poorly on a public relations representative as you could imagine.
This shit is epic. Gone to twitter. Includes such gems as:
https://twitter.com/#!/cwgabriel/sta...77067576770560
be sure and direct you anger at the right person. @OceanMarketting with two T's. Yes they even misspelled their twitter handle.
and

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Dec 27, 2011, 01:24 PM

Is Paul Christoforo a cast member on Jersey Shore?

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 27, 2011, 05:10 PM

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 27, 2011, 05:15 PM

There's just so much that's happened since this morning I can't even give a good synopsis. This guy is far in over his head I'm worrying about the safety and future of his family. This will go too far (if it hasn't already).

sek929
Posting Junkie
Dec 27, 2011, 05:21 PM

Wow, I can't imagine someone in PR with worse grammar skills and a shorter temper than me.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Dec 27, 2011, 05:27 PM

I'm guessing it's definitely gone too far by now. This kind of guy isn't psychologically prepared to be made the laughingstock of an entire industry overnight.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Dec 27, 2011, 05:27 PM

On another note, is that a leg or an arm that is directed down towards his crotch in his Twitter picture?

Second question: does it belong to a male or female?

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 27, 2011, 05:28 PM

My guess is this guy was never really part of the industry. It's the laughing stock of the web that I don't see him handling well. It's obvious he's barely web literate.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Dec 28, 2011, 01:42 AM

Last post from 'Gabe'

An hour later I got a more complete apology:

Hey Mike,

I just wanted to apologize for the way our emails progressed I didn't know how big your site was and I really didn't believe you ran Pax , So for what's its worth I am very sorry. Your post has obviously made my life very difficult and I have not slept yet dealing with all the spam and personal information intrusion as well as my family being smeared on the internet.

If you can please accept my apology and anything you can do to help if not me my son and wife please do. I have apologized to Dave and apologized to you what else can I do please tell me so I can make things good. I obviously care or I would not be emailing you

I think there is a big difference between being sorry and being sorry you got caught. I have a real problem with bullies. I spent my childhood moving from school to school and I got made fun of everyplace I landed. I feel like Paul is a bully and maybe that's why I have no sympathy here. Someday every bully meets and even bigger bully and maybe that's me in this case. It's the same thing that happened with Jack Thompson. It might not always make the most business sense and it is a policy that has caused us some legal problems, but I really don't give a shit about that. When these assholes threaten me or Penny Arcade I just laugh. I will personally burn everything I've made to the ****ing ground if I think I can catch them in the flames.
Pretty crazy stuff

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 28, 2011, 10:40 AM

In under 24 hours: Ocean Marketing FAIL - YouTube
Not bad either.

Edit: Yeah, it seems that Gabe is an asshole of some repute.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 28, 2011, 11:52 AM

subego
Clinically Insane
Dec 28, 2011, 12:09 PM

and

Oooh... Thanks for this. It's handy to have his personality summed up in a single image.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 28, 2011, 02:08 PM

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 28, 2011, 05:11 PM

I just caught up on all this drama today. This made my week.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 28, 2011, 05:13 PM

Viacom ordered to pay Harmonix several trucks full of money | Joystiq
When Viacom sold developer Harmonix in November of 2010 for $50, it was really only the beginning of the drama to come. Almost exactly a year ago, ex-shareholders in Harmonix prior to Viacom's buyout of the music game developer sued the conglomerate for failing to pay performance based bonuses, which were agreed upon when Viacom bought the company back in 2006. Then, earlier this year, Viacom sued those same stockholders for $131 million for "contractual overpayment." With us so far? Well, take a deep breath. It gets better.

That lawsuit triggered a mandatory arbitration clause in the original contract, and now Viacom has revealed to the LA Times that the private arbitrator in question has ordered the company to pay the former Harmonix shareholders $383 million.

The story is still developing, and this isn't the last you'll hear of it: Viacom has filed in a Delaware Court to have the judgment overturned, because of "improperly excluded" evidence and testimony.
Someone dabbled in something they knew little about and just tried to shirk their responsibility.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 28, 2011, 05:16 PM

Oh jesus, he gave an interview.
In-Game - Chastened gaming rep responds to Internet infamy
Lesson: Not learned.

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 28, 2011, 07:16 PM

"At the end of the day, I'm a human being, and it feels like the entire world was bullying me" -Paul Christoforo

<single tear>

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 29, 2011, 03:07 AM

Maybe next time he will remember his customers are human beings too?

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 29, 2011, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by lpkmckenna View Post
Not bloody likely.
"I didn't know who that guy at Penny Arcade was," he admitted. "If I had known, I would have treated the situation a little better. PAX is a great show. What he does is what I've been idolizing since I was a kid. It's admirable he's put that together. He has a lot of connections, ones I want too."

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 29, 2011, 11:33 AM

AVENGER CONTROLLER DISMISSES MARKETING CONSULTANT,

TAKES BACK MARKETING AND SALES OPERATIONS

Miami, FL--- Wednesday, December 28, 2011--- N-Control, makers of the Avenger Controller accessory, have categorically dismissed third party contractor Paul Christoforo and his marketing operation, known alternately as Ocean Distribution or Ocean Marketing. This separation from Mr. Christoforo extends to all business interests of N-Control, its founders, and its officers. Mr. Christoforo does not and never did own, in whole or in part, a stake in N-Control LLC nor its affiliated companies (Kotkin Enterprises, iControl LLC).

Following the publication of an email chain between Mr. Christoforo and one of N-Control’s customers, punctuated by Mr. Christoforo’s acknowledgement of his conduct, N-Control immediately proceeded to extricate Mr. Christoforo’s access to their email and social media accounts, a process that is still ongoing. In the interim, a Gmail address and Twitter account ([email protected] and @AvengerDefender, respectively) have been set up for press inquiries and customer service needs.

David Kotkin, the inventor and founder of the Avenger Controller, created the product to help one of his students who had a physical disability. The student wanted to play games the way that everyone else could. The Avenger evolved from a homemade solution for a deserving child into an even more sophisticated controller accessory, capable of enhancing even the most skilled gamer’s performance.

“Everyone deserves the opportunity to be a part of the gaming community in a fun, positive way.” said David Kotkin, Avenger founder. “I created the Avenger to make people happy. I deeply regret that so many people have any negative feelings toward it as a result of what has happened, especially since I’ve seen first-hand what an impact it can have on gameplay.”

Kotkin continued, “What I’m most concerned about is doing right by our customers. We have dropped the ball by giving them delivery estimates that did not come through as expected. We didn’t expect that the demand would be so great, and we should have done a better job communicating that. Our new team is taking all necessary action to correct that going forward. I hope that people will give us a chance to earn back the faith they may have lost.”

All existing orders will be honored, and PS3 Avenger pre-order customers will all be extended the same $10 discount that some have already received. To clarify, customers who have already received $10 off their pre-order are not eligible for an additional discount. N-Control agrees with “Customer Dave” that all of our PS3 early adopters deserve to be rewarded for their trust in the Avenger.

N-Control would like to publicly apologize to existing and potential customers, as well as the gaming community at large, for allowing Mr. Christoforo to abuse his power so unforgivably. The Avenger was invented to provide greater accessibility to disabled gamers, and bullying tactics are the last thing that should be associated with this product.

In the effort to dispel various misconceptions that have been forwarded via news reports and social media, N-Control is offering the following clarifications on a variety of subjects:

N-Control has hired an independent consultant, Austin, Texas-based Moisés Chiullan (@moiseschiu), to field press inquiries and oversee sales and marketing operations going forward. They ask that customers and the press alike bear with them as they field the tens of thousands of emails and other messages that N-Control has received. It is his intent that N-Control should respond personally to everyone who has emailed [email protected] address regarding this situation.

“We have to move forward and take care of Avenger’s customers,” Chiullan said. “I can’t worry about the fact that there isn’t a bus big enough for me to throw Paul Christoforo under. The internet did that for me. I think they set him on fire too.” He continued, “I just hope that people will have the common decency to leave his wife and child out of all this. They didn’t send those emails, Paul did.”

All PS3 Avenger pre-orders are currently slated to ship by January 15th at the latest. Some orders will ship in advance of January 15th. In consideration of the events of the past two days, N-Control ask their customers to bear with them as they sort out updating individual order estimates. General updates regarding shipping will be regularly delivered to customers starting next week.

At no time during his tenure with N-Control did Mr. Christoforo have direct access to customer credit card information. N-Control does not retain any customer credit card data for online orders, which are all processed via Google Checkout or Paypal.

Ocean Marketing aka Paul Christoforo owns no stake in the Avenger Controller nor N-Control, and does not stand to profit from further sales of the device either through N-Control or authorized resellers.

Contrary to how Mr. Christoforo may have presented events (in public or private), N-Control never directly endorsed nor had knowledge of his communication with customers in the manner found in his correspondence with “Customer Dave”, who still wants his Avengers, despite everything that has transpired.

Steps have been taken to ensure that all future customer communication is transparently visible to management at N-Control. N-Control regrets sincerely that the trust they placed in Mr. Christoforo was so abused and betrayed and, as a result, may have tainted their reputation with existing and potential customers and partners.

Regarding “Afternoon Artists”, a company registered with the Florida Division of Corporations that lists Paul Christoforo as Treasurer, N-Control has the following statement: “This secondary business has never so much as opened a bank account, much less operated in any form outside of paperwork being filed. It was originally intended that Mr. Christoforo would serve as an investor in this company, which, again, has never operated in any capacity, nor will it in the future.”

N-Control employs Eli Schwartz as a part-time Social Media Consultant. He is an enthusiastic high school student who became one of the Avenger’s earliest super fans, meeting the founder at a trade show. Mr. Kotkin is proud to encourage the development of a bright, enthusiastic young person like Eli.

Eli Schwartz is not, however, in charge of Marketing or PR for N-Control. Previous news reports have credited him as Marketing Manager, a title Mr. Schwartz gave himself without the consent or advance knowledge or N-Control management. This occurred during the period of greatest upheaval following Mr. Christoforo’s dismissal, and N-Control regrets that this mixed messaging reached the public. All press inquiries and media requests should instead be directed to Moisés Chiullan at the [email protected] address.

Contrary to rumors and speculation, Eli Schwartz’s Twitter account is his own and not controlled by Paul Christoforo. Mr. Schwartz is a minor, and consequently, N-Control would appreciate the press and the public’s discretion in their dealings with him.

For the foreseeable future, N-Control’s official Twitter account will be “@AvengerControl”, as N-Control does not have access to “@NControlAvenger”. N-Control is not responsible for the content of any Twitter feeds associated with Paul Christoforo.

For the foreseeable future, N-Control requests that customers discontinue use of the toll-free phone number displayed on the AvengerController.com website, as well as any other means of contact found there. Instead, customers should direct communication to [email protected]. They ask for patience due to the events of the last two days. Keep an eye on @AvengerControl on Twitter for updates.

For more details regarding N-Control and Avenger Controller, contact press agent Moisés Chiullan, at [email protected].

For more information, follow Avenger Controllers on Twitter: @AvengerControl
---

Another interview:
@OceanStratagy, Paul Christoforo himself, speaks

P
Dec 29, 2011, 11:39 AM

Edit: Yeah, it seems that Gabe is an asshole of some repute.
He doesn't exactly try to hide it.

More specifically, he doesn't seem to understand the concept of "graduated response". If he were the leader of a country, Mike would be asking for the launch codes if the wrong movie won an Oscar. A positive mention on Penny Arcade is the biggest win any game can ever get - posting something like that means that he absolutely kills that product and the reputation on that guy, but he doesn't leave it at that. He goes back and posts again, and then makes the strip about it. Even the comment about not going after the guy's family is backhanded, which actually surprised me given the history.

The only reason Penny Arcade gets away with him being like that is that he does it so rarely. If he used that bully pulpit like that more often, I think they'd lose a lot of respect among the fans.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 29, 2011, 11:42 AM

I think the respect they garner is for two reasons: Everything they criticize or love they do so honestly; They do it all as people who love gaming and have grown up as gamers.

BLAZE_MkIV
Professional Poster
Dec 29, 2011, 01:48 PM

But what did Mike do? He posted the transcripts, banned the guy from Pax, and called him an "asshole." None of that is really that bad. The size of his audience means there are going to people who take things to far but Mike certainly didn't instigate anything or even imply that others should. Professionally the transcripts did him in, no one reading those will every put him in front of a customer unless he's carrying a tire iron.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 29, 2011, 02:07 PM

He's a self-described asshole vampire. Doesn't really need explaining.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 29, 2011, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by lpkmckenna View Post
Not bloody likely, Part II
Basically, what Mike [Krahulik] did is this: If you were in a bar, drinking and hanging out with a bunch of people, and in that group of people was one guy that you didn’t know was a mixed martial arts champion. He knows he can kick the **** out of anyone in that bar, and you happen to pick a fight with him. He doesn’t tell you what he is, you take a swing at him and the next thing you know you have a broken jaw and you’re on the way to the hospital.
This guy keeps thinking his problem isn't his behavior (picking a fight with strangers at bar? OK!) but not knowing who he's talking to – because when dealing with customers, obviously you should only respect those that have juice.

What a meathead.

BLAZE_MkIV
Professional Poster
Dec 29, 2011, 03:36 PM

Basically, what Mike [Krahulik] did is this: If you were in a dojo, training and hanging out with a bunch of people, and in that group of people was one guy that you didn’t know was a mixed martial arts champion. He knows he can kick the **** out of anyone in that dojo, and you happen to pick a fight with him. He doesn’t tell you what he is, you take a swing at him and the next thing you know you have a broken jaw and you’re on the way to the hospital.
Fixed

sek929
Posting Junkie
Dec 29, 2011, 04:08 PM

Gabe hit the nail on the head, this guy isn't sorry for what he did, he is sorry he got caught doing it. Now that he has gotten called out on his behavior all of a sudden he is a poor victim, gimme a break.

This dude had no place in PR.

P
Dec 29, 2011, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by BLAZE_MkIV View Post
But what did Mike do? He posted the transcripts, banned the guy from Pax, and called him an "asshole." None of that is really that bad.
Correct, none of that is really bad. It's not even moderately bad. What is really bad is keeping on about it and even making a comic where he makes a joke of the apology - and the backhanded way he treated threats to the guy's family, which really surprised me, but I guess Mike has a short memory.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 30, 2011, 03:45 PM

The saga continues. Half-assed info as it's hard to find concise updates:

Update 28: According to The Escapist, Christoforo is currently holding the N-Control email and social media accounts hostage in the wake of publically stating that David Kotkin has forgiven him for everything, which he most certainly hasn't and never will. When questioned on these new circumstances, Chiullan stated, "[Christoforo] has administrator access to the master account, as well as the server that the website is hosted on and the company's (previous) official Twitter account, and has not relinquished that access, blaming his outsourced tech team."
Update 29: Chiullan has an AMA (Ask me anything...) up on Reddit as of 4 hours ago detailing the seemingly everlasting vileness of Paul Christoforo as of late, up to and including holding email/social media accounts hostage in exchange for significant compensation.

I've been trying to get him to give up the access to these things he's been holding hostage (email accounts, Twitter, etc) by asking nicely for a couple of days. The gloves are off now.

Paul told me on the phone two hours ago that "Eight months ago, I locked down all this stuff so they wouldn't be able to **** with me. If they don't give me what I want, it's war." His demands include a contract written on his terms and substantial compensation, both immediate and for as long as the company continues to exist. He flaunted the PR debacle he created as proof that he "made the company a success", citing all the media and public attention as the "best thing that ever happened to Avenger".

He didn't count on the fact that I anticipated all of this and have been a computer hardware and web tech since I was 14.

The thing we did have is control over the AvengerController.com domain. It was transferred away from its original account, which Paul has complete control of. Because of how GoDaddy works, that old account retained all of the email addresses and their master control settings (forwarding and so on). He has continued to respond to customer emails from his personal GMail account and lied to me repeatedly about doing so.

I tried to play nice, and Paul played stupid, acting like he didn't have access to this master account, blaming his "Indian outsourced tech team" being on vacation. I gave him two days to give over N-Control's digital property.

He finally leveled with me tonight that he knew I wasn't that stupid and that he was lying about his access to all these accounts. That's when he issued the above-mentioned threat. He reiterated that he had the hosting, email, and everything on lockdown.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Dec 30, 2011, 07:49 PM

How did this guy ever get a job (any job)?

subego
Clinically Insane
Dec 30, 2011, 08:12 PM

Isn't he a friend of one of the N-Control guys?

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jan 3, 2012, 01:25 PM

Adieu
So apparently Crecente is leaving kotaku. In a few places I had seen allusions to him being some type of respected journalist in the gaming community, but honestly, all i can remember from this guy was his sucking at many games he demoed, and these "heartfelt" articles where he confessed to being human for the first third and then shilled for some upcoming software or hardware feature for the next two thirds.

I have a confession to make: My 9-year-old spent about two weeks playing Modern Warfare 2 on the Xbox 360, and I had no idea he was doing it.

It's a reminder that as parents we have to remain constantly vigilant. Something Microsoft gets. It's part of the reason, it seems, that the company is rolling out even more robust parental controls come this fall.

Due out this November, the Xbox Live Gold Family plan will run you $99 for up to four linked Xbox Gold accounts, accounts that normally come in at just under $50 a pop. And if you don't use all four accounts immediately you can always activate them later.
I mean, really.

Lastly, I could never get over his hair.

What year is this? It doesn't help that he looked like he was trying to be the guy from The Mummy movies:

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jan 4, 2012, 03:19 PM

What’s Next? � The Justin McElroy Institute
So here’s what’s next for yours truly: I, and a big team of talented folks, are going to be building the best video game site ever.

We’re doing it with an astonishing level of support, an unprecedented set of tools (many of which we’re still making up!) and an absolutely unparalleled team of talent that, for my money at least, hasn’t been approached since 1UP in its heyday.

How good is our founding team? Well, let’s see. You’ve got Brian Crecente and Chris Grant, two of the guys that helped write the book on how you write about games online. There’s Russ Pitts, who shepherded The Escapist from PDF to burgeoning media empire. There’s Arthur Gies, one of my favorite critics working today. There’s the hilarious, insightful Chris Plante (who I’ve always wanted to work with) and the astounding Russ Frushtick who, in addition to being a great writer, is probably the most skilled gamer I know in real life. (He used to be #1 in the world at Jetpack Joyride!) Then you’ve got my favorite video game journalist (Griffin McElroy) helping Crecente to lead our news coverage, and me, who was hired solely to do weird stuff that horrifies, delights or horrifies and delights in equal measure (and to manage the team too, I guess, but that other thing sounds better, right?).

Forum Links
Forum Rules