Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Trouble with mac mini duo

Trouble with mac mini duo
susansem
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 1, 2006, 01:19 PM

I have purchased a mac mini duo in March. It hasn't worked right once. I am a long time mac user. Just thought I'd give people a "heads up". This thing has blown three logic boards. I'm trying to get my money back and jumping through far too many hoops to do it. They give me a new logic board and it blows, sometimes the same day as I get this thing home. Maybe I just have a lemon, but it sure is a pain.

I'm, frankly, disappointed in Apple... the apple store sends me to Apple care and vv..... not fun.
Watch out.

MacOS-Fan
Forum Regular
Jul 1, 2006, 02:58 PM

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Unfortunately, I do think that you got a lemon. For the most part, the Mini has gotten great reviews (except for the questionable integrated graphics). I have had zero issues with mine like many other users here. This is not the first time that I've heard complaints about Apple warranty and Apple Care. Good luck.
20" iMac (Intel CoreDuo)
- 2 GB's of RAM
- Logitech X530 Sound System

Tuishimi
Forum Regular
Jul 10, 2006, 07:54 PM

Yes, good luck. My mini has been very solid, and I've opened it up myself and messed around with it a number of times. Odd that you could have blown 3 boards. There must be some consistent factor here, maybe heat, water getting in somehow? Dust? Or maybe somehow a sensitive part of the board is contacting something that is conductive? I don't know. For the same thing to happen to YOU 3 times in the same computer seems statistically improbable.
24 inch iMac 2.4, 320GB HD, 4 GB RAM
500 GB Ext FW Drv, 120 GB Ext FW Drv

Forum Links
Forum Rules