Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Call of Duty 5

Call of Duty 5
imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Nov 11, 2008, 10:53 PM

Anybody here got Call of Duty 5 yet? I played it at a friend's house today on 360. Pretty awesome.

klb5090
Mac Elite
Nov 11, 2008, 10:54 PM

world at war? i played the multiplayer beta demo on XBL and it was pretty good but to me its just COD 4 w/ WWII weapons.

Mac User #001
Mac Elite
Nov 12, 2008, 01:56 AM

Getting it tomorrow.
I have returned... 2020 MacBook Air - 1.1 GHz Quad-Core i5 - 16 GB RAM

klb5090
Mac Elite
Nov 12, 2008, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by Mac User #001 View Post
Getting it tomorrow.
let us know how the campaign is, could put it on my list for games to buy after christmas.

zerostar
Mac Elite
Nov 12, 2008, 01:30 PM

How is the online? True that 4 local people can all play online?

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 12, 2008, 04:32 PM

I bought the game today after watching IGN's video review and will be giving the campaign a try tonight.

zerostar, the back of the box says that there is four player co-op.

Dakar V
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 12, 2008, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by mdc View Post
I bought the game today after watching IGN's video review and will be giving the campaign a try tonight.
There's some unintentional commentary on Gears.

Mac User #001
Mac Elite
Nov 13, 2008, 11:15 AM

Well.. no luck getting it yesterday. I'll try today. (Sometimes Wal-Mart sucks with ship-dates. They tend to get games in either when they release or that Thursday.)

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 13, 2008, 02:48 PM

World at War is really good. I played through a few missions in the campaign yesterday. You start off fighting the Japanese for about three or four missions and then you become a different character and fight the Germans.
I like that it mixes it up and you fight in different locations. It would get a little boring fighting in jungles all the time.

The game is a little linear in the sense that you play to a certain point, kill everyone, then your team mates sit around waiting for you to do what you're told -- be it take a bunker or something -- and then they'll all join you. It's a bit strange that they wait on you. It's a little annoying when that happens if you have no idea what you're supposed to be doing since they'll all be standing around and then finally they'll join you when you walk to the correct location. Small issue.

All in all, I'm enjoying it and will be giving the multiplayer a try soon.
I think four player online co-op through the campaign would be a blast and if anyone is up for that, send me a message.

Mac User #001
Mac Elite
Nov 14, 2008, 01:41 PM

Sold out yesterday.... Trying yet again today. Didn't think this game would have been that popular.

Maflynn
Professional Poster
Nov 14, 2008, 02:03 PM

You can always get it amazon online. I'm waiting to here back on some reviews. I opted not to get COD4 because I read somewhere that the single player mission was very short. I don't feel like spending over 50 bucks for a game that has a short single player mission.
~Mike

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 17, 2008, 06:49 AM

I've been playing this alot this weekend, due to crappy matchmaking in GoW2. I haven't done the solo game, only on-line (I loved CoD:UO and CoD2 online - the solo missions were always for training when the internet connection was done).

I love it. Good atmosphere, good maps, nice weapons - love the molotov, tanks aren't invincible - as it should be. Treyarch did a good job.

zerostar
Mac Elite
Nov 17, 2008, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Maflynn View Post
You can always get it amazon online. I'm waiting to here back on some reviews. I opted not to get COD4 because I read somewhere that the single player mission was very short. I don't feel like spending over 50 bucks for a game that has a short single player mission.
Single player mission is a bit short... but if you have a PS3 the online play is awesome! It is my MOST PLAYED game... and PS3 online is free.... so no loss if you let it sit I don't know about 360, but I am sure it is great too.

zerostar
Mac Elite
Nov 17, 2008, 06:41 PM

I picked this up this weekend, pretty fun so-far the maps are sweet!

2 bits of disappointment... in co-op mission play you can not save yoru place? Did I miss something or is this a SERIOUS flaw of the game?

Also, you CAN NOT play 2-player online! (2 people in your house on the same PS3) unless again I am missing something... but I looked everywhere!

Am I missing something or is this just the way it is? I was hoping me & my wife (thankfully she loves this game!) could play online at the same time (split screen or whatever?) but no luck

Maflynn
Professional Poster
Nov 18, 2008, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by zerostar View Post
Single player mission is a bit short... but if you have a PS3 the online play is awesome! It is my MOST PLAYED game... and PS3 online is free.... so no loss if you let it sit I don't know about 360, but I am sure it is great too.
I generally don't play online, I prefer the single player missions. Is it as short (or shorter) then COD4?
~Mike

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
May 7, 2009, 04:31 PM

Started playing online last week. Just made Capt.
45/47

BloodyBandage
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 19, 2009, 07:52 PM

COD5 is fun for single player but I feel COD4 modern warfare is far superior for multiplayer/online play. COD5 is great for oldschool warfare but COD4 just feels more polished. Great game and worth getting for the single player campaign however.

Forum Links
Forum Rules