Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Caltalk on Leopard

Caltalk on Leopard
JHromadka
Mac Elite
Dec 10, 2007, 04:33 PM

Anyone having trouble with Caltalk 1.1 not showing updated calendar entries for Leopard clients on the local network? I don't have the Mac firewall enabled.

The website listed in the About section isn't valid anymore. Does anyone know the new one or is this abandonware now?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Dec 10, 2007, 06:24 PM

If it is, you could install Apple's Calendar Server on one of your Macs (including the one you work on) and use it instead.

wr11
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 10, 2007, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
If it is, you could install Apple's Calendar Server on one of your Macs (including the one you work on) and use it instead.
Which you can indeed do:

Calendar Server - Trac

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Dec 10, 2007, 06:37 PM

Yeah, I've installed in on my FreeBSD server... Works just fine, although you need an Open Directory (OpenLDAP) server to support delegation properly.

JHromadka  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 10, 2007, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
I have Tiger Server on one of the machines but won't be going to Leapard Server on it. How hard would it be to get this CalendarServer running on it? Does it use Bonjour or user accounts?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Dec 10, 2007, 10:14 PM

It uses either Open Directory or an XML file for account information. It isn't hard to modify the included XML file to add your account information into it.

The Calendar Server includes an option to automatically download and compile required components. I'd think it would work flawlessly for you as long as you have XCode installed.

Once you have Calendar Server installed and configured, running it is a simple matter of invoking a binary and spawning it into the background (./run &). I'm not sure if a launchd script is included for Mac users.

zro
Mac Elite
Dec 10, 2007, 11:51 PM

I still can't get that damn thing to run. I've already left too many symlinks around my system getting it to start, but login ain't working. Yet I still can't help but go back every so often and goof around some more.

Maybe some other version...

Forum Links
Forum Rules