Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > G5iPod...Should I? Would You?

G5iPod...Should I? Would You?
Anto39x
Jun 4, 2007, 08:43 AM

Hi there..
I'm totally new to the MacNN Forums.... but I need your help in making a decision. I am and have been a MacAddict now for years.... I love my technology and I love my music.... for the past few years I have sat back and watched how the iPod has become part of our musical culture... I purchase mucic by the bucket load on CD and from iTunes.... but I have yet to purchase an iPod... I have been monitoring it's development over the past few years and last year made the decision to purchase the so called "true video" ipod.... but then comes along iPhone outta the blue and for now has put the "true video" iPod on hold... I would love to treat myself to an iPod now... as I'm off on Summer Vacation to France in three weeks for two weeks and I want to be able to take my music library with me. I have read up on the 5G Video iPod and it has received excellent reviews... so here's my question.... would you wait until the new iPod arrives.. whenever that may be... or would you just go and purchase the latest current version. The music player is my main priority... but like anyone into Apple Macs... I love have the latest version... and it does annoy me that as soon as I purchase the next generation may arrive.... WHAT WOULD YOU DO??

Yours sincerely,
Anthony MacCarthy
Irish MacAddict and Music Lover

Cold Warrior
Jun 4, 2007, 08:52 AM

Generally the best method is to wait as long as you think you can wait (depending on your own needs), then purchase what will fill your needs. The next generation is always around the corner, so I wouldn't let that spoil your satisfaction.

Forum Links
Forum Rules