Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > can't sync iphone w/ iphoto albums

can't sync iphone w/ iphoto albums
b-real
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 6, 2007, 11:40 PM

Hey all, I'm trying to sync my iphoto albums to my iphone. However, itunes doesn't see any albums under iphoto. The 'sync albums' option is grayed out, and the only way I can sync photos is by selecting my entire photo directory. I would like to have my iphone have the photos under the correct albums. Can anyone help?

AtlantaMike
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 7, 2007, 03:26 PM

I had the same problem - I had to move my iPhoto library back to my Pictures folder on the internal drive - I am re-importing (not copying) the images from my external drive, and now iTunes sees the albums...

This is truly lazy programming from the iTunes side... iPhoto can figure out how to use an external drive, but iTunes is hard-coded to look in the "Pictures" folder.

What a crappy experience... I got mine working, and hope yours does too...

kman42
Professional Poster
Jul 7, 2007, 05:59 PM

I have my pictures Library in the Shared folder and set up using ACLs so that both my wife and I can access the photos in iPhoto. iTunes can see the albums in this location but if I try to sync my iPhone using my wife's account (trying to troubleshoot my parent's two iPhone, two user account problem with photos), then iTunes won't see any pictures. If I launch iPhoto in her account, then iTunes figures it out, only now it can't see the photos from my account! Launching iPhoto from my user account switches it back again. Weird.

aandnota
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 9, 2007, 11:02 PM

I am having the same problem as b-real. My iPhoto Library is in the standard location, inside the Pictures folder of the same user account from which I am attempting to sync with my iPhone. Not on an external drive, and not in the Shared folder. I tried trashing the iPhoto preferences, to no avail. I'm not sure what to do next -- move the iPhoto Library folder, then move it back?

Finnegan5050
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 3, 2012, 11:33 AM

I had the same problem and found that my cable connecting the iphone to the computer was defective. It stills charges but will not sync?

Finnegan5050
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 3, 2012, 11:35 AM

Too be clear, a different iphone cable solved my problem.

Forum Links
Forum Rules