Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > My new iMac finally arrived!!!

My new iMac finally arrived!!!
SychoBC
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 13, 2004, 03:31 PM

Can anyone see the actual topic?

ryju
Professional Poster
Feb 13, 2004, 08:09 PM

Originally posted by SychoBC:
Can anyone see the actual topic?
What.

pantalaimon
Forum Regular
Feb 15, 2004, 09:24 AM

my imac arrived within 3 days of ordering, with a 160 GB hard drive instead of 80 GB i ordered and Bluetooth built in which I also didn't order! Thats almost �150 worth of extras for free! Thank you apple
1.33GHz G4 iBook 12"

Hanul
Forum Regular
Feb 16, 2004, 06:35 AM

Shouldn't you call Apple that you did not receive the machine you ordered? They should replace it with your system

Anyway, does somebody know what to do, if you get more stuff than you ordered? Can you keep it or do you have to call the vendor?

pantalaimon
Forum Regular
Feb 16, 2004, 07:12 AM

Originally posted by Hanul:
Shouldn't you call Apple that you did not receive the machine you ordered? They should replace it with your system

Anyway, does somebody know what to do, if you get more stuff than you ordered? Can you keep it or do you have to call the vendor?
Would you tell the cashier if they gave you �10 change instead if �5?
1.33GHz G4 iBook 12"

Krusty
Professional Poster
Feb 16, 2004, 08:06 AM

Originally posted by pantalaimon:
Would you tell the cashier if they gave you �10 change instead if �5?
I would return the extra change (and have anytime I've noticed it).

But I don't think he should contact Apple about this one because it can't be resolved -- it would be more expensive for Apple to ship him the "right" one, pay for his return shipping, and then sell his as a refurb than it would be worth to them.

The other option is that he pay for the upgrades ... but he didn't order them in the first place, so that'd be ridiculous.

Originally posted by Hanul:
I would call the vendor and arrange to send back (at their expense) the part that was "more" if they considered it valuable enough to pay for shipping it back. But only if it were a standalone item that they had accidentally included (say, an airport base station or something). I would not send back something that is integrated or necessary for the system to function (such as a hard drive,the Built-in BT module, or a larger stick of ram than ordered).

beetleboy
Forum Regular
Feb 16, 2004, 08:33 PM

I'd keep my mouth closed and keep it. Enjoy!

Beetleboy
G4 17" iMac 1.25 Tiger
G3 Lime iMac DV 400 Tiger
G3 Snow iMac SE 700 Panther
G3 Graphite iMac DV SE 400 Panther

Forum Links
Forum Rules