Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > I hate to say it, but Yahoo seems to be a better search engine than Google

I hate to say it, but Yahoo seems to be a better search engine than Google (Page 4)
jcadam
Mac Elite
Jan 8, 2006, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by Leia's Left Bun
Cuz someone saying Google sucks these days is like killing kittens.
Google sucks.
Caffeinated Rhino Software -- Education and Training management software

Ω
Mac Elite
Jan 8, 2006, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by Salty
What I'm pointing out is the incessantly irritating continuation of you telling people not to tell you what to think say or do, but then you telling EVERYONE CONSTANTLY that what they think say or do is wrong, and that they should think say and do more like you, in fact exactly like you!
You good sir are the definition of a hypocrite! Now please, PLEASE for the love of all that is carbon based, add me to your ignore list!
Seek help. Seriously.

"angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress"

Salty
Professional Poster
Jan 8, 2006, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by Ω
Seek help. Seriously.

I have lots of help, actually I had my sister give me a hand with opening a garbage bag tonight, I was wearing rubber gloves cause I was cleaning out my fridge... turns out broccoli doesn't smell good if it's been in your fridge for 6 months... who knew?

Salty
Professional Poster
Jan 8, 2006, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by isao bered
so let me get this straight. you not once, but twice in this thread as much as accuse me of harrassing communications; go on a tirade seeking to denigrate not only myself but the company i keep (which, btw, is unknown to you); childishly call me names; act at least equally if not more-so inconsiderately to besson when he comments that your methods are amiss; "appologize" by further calling me names while you casually dismiss your recklessness with a smile - and even then the "appology" is for your ignorance about who pm-ed you and not for your uncalled for outburst?

and what am i to do with your "appology". you not only continually shirk responsibility for your callousness and ignorance, but you also further malign those who suggest that you mature unto personal accountability. you also tend to hyperbole regarding others' characters and idiosyncracies, if you are not actually creating a fiction wherein you cast yourself as both the victim and the judiciary. and all this is exacerbated by your highly public aspirations unto pastoral duty while you cannot even muster the public grace of a sheep - an animal that walks around with filth and feces caked into its coat. what, really, is the true value of this "appology"?

well, to answer my own question, the value of your "appology" is less than nil. it was issued only for your sake to minimize whatever damage can be done to your waning credibility without actually expressing remorse for your gross negligence. and since its value is less than nil, for me to accept it would be to my loss.

however, i am not afraid to suffer loss. so i will accept your "appology", pathetic as it is, and continue to hope that you can someday catch up to this christ you claim to be following.

be well.

laeth
Wow... want a tissue or something... I mean... that's a lot of text and all... kind of looks pretty if you let your eyes go out of focus... try it sometimes... and... don't take life so seriously... oh... and you're still a jerk, just not the jerk I thought you were... oi I mean... really I have so many crazy jerks get after me on here, and it's not like you've ever made a comment to me that wasn't rude, belittling or something of that nature, so you do tend to get lumped in with everyone else who's a jerk...
I mean if you wanna get distinguished you gota be more multifaceted. Like when me and Railroader were regularly fighting, he didn't just accuse me of being a bad Christian and stuff, we'd debate stuff, and sometimes see value in each other's positions and what not, and eventually we ended up burying whatever it was we had against one another and get along well now, I actually rather like the guy.
SWG and I bicker all the time, but it's fun cause he's a drama queen who thinks I'm gay, how much more memorable could you get? Not to mention he offered to take me out to a bear bar in To when I was there, sadly he was out of town... though I hardly imagine I'd feel terribly comfortable in a bear bar... I mean... yah...
Or I mean you could be like Ca$h I mean he's a memorable scrapper.
Or you could be like Zimph and sometimes agree with me, and then other times act as if I'm some sort of lowly something or other (which is funny cause the other half of the time I'm doing it back to him, apparently we have different weights in varying values I guess...)
Or you could be like Bensson and continually, constantly, repetitively tell everyone else how to live their lives, and never butt out no matter how much any and everyone tells you that the honestly don't want your rules for their life.
But really, all you do is seemingly zero in on my posts and offer some BS quasi Christian garbage that you regularly spout. It's no wonder I simply lump you in with the other random people who I rarely see talk about anything else, who attack me for no good reason. I mean really do you expect anyone to ever take you seriously? You obviously care nothing for me, or anything of that nature, why on earth would I take what you have to say with anything but a heaping table spoon of salt? I mean again, you want people, most notably me, to take your "words of wisdom" to heart, and yet you have no motive for your speech other than a need to be heard. Quite frankly I can accept a need to be seen and heard by the teenagers I work with, they're my ministry field, and they're more interesting than you seem to be. But when I wish to kill some time on a forum, I really don't feel a need to provide you the same.

So I'm sorry I accused you of something you say you didn't do, I wish I did know the SN of the jerk who did PM me that stuff, but you hardly warrant an apology for the fact that if I did have trouble remembering, that I wouldn't assume it was you, because frankly, you've said things that require just about as much contempt.

You as well, can feel very free to add me to your ignore list.

Railroader
Banned
Jan 8, 2006, 07:31 AM

Ha, and you guys have the nerve to say I have a gay agenda and always bring up religion.

How did you suckers turn a thread about yahoo into Gays and God?
Actually, you're always the one bringing up religion. Do you deny it?

Chris O'Brien
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 8, 2006, 09:51 AM

Wow... want a tissue or something... I mean... that's a lot of text and all... kind of looks pretty if you let your eyes go out of focus... try it sometimes... and... don't take life so seriously... oh... and you're still a jerk, just not the jerk I thought you were... oi I mean... really I have so many crazy jerks get after me on here, and it's not like you've ever made a comment to me that wasn't rude, belittling or something of that nature, so you do tend to get lumped in with everyone else who's a jerk...
I mean if you wanna get distinguished you gota be more multifaceted. Like when me and Railroader were regularly fighting, he didn't just accuse me of being a bad Christian and stuff, we'd debate stuff, and sometimes see value in each other's positions and what not, and eventually we ended up burying whatever it was we had against one another and get along well now, I actually rather like the guy.
SWG and I bicker all the time, but it's fun cause he's a drama queen who thinks I'm gay, how much more memorable could you get? Not to mention he offered to take me out to a bear bar in To when I was there, sadly he was out of town... though I hardly imagine I'd feel terribly comfortable in a bear bar... I mean... yah...
Or you could be like Zimph and sometimes agree with me, and then other times act as if I'm some sort of lowly something or other (which is funny cause the other half of the time I'm doing it back to him, apparently we have different weights in varying values I guess...)
Or you could be like Bensson and continually, constantly, repetitively tell everyone else how to live their lives, and never butt out no matter how much any and everyone tells you that the honestly don't want your rules for their life.
But really, all you do is seemingly zero in on my posts and offer some BS quasi Christian garbage that you regularly spout. It's no wonder I simply lump you in with the other random people who I rarely see talk about anything else, who attack me for no good reason. I mean really do you expect anyone to ever take you seriously? You obviously care nothing for me, or anything of that nature, why on earth would I take what you have to say with anything but a heaping table spoon of salt? I mean again, you want people, most notably me, to take your "words of wisdom" to heart, and yet you have no motive for your speech other than a need to be heard. Quite frankly I can accept a need to be seen and heard by the teenagers I work with, they're my ministry field, and they're more interesting than you seem to be. But when I wish to kill some time on a forum, I really don't feel a need to provide you the same.

So I'm sorry I accused you of something you say you didn't do, I wish I did know the SN of the jerk who did PM me that stuff, but you hardly warrant an apology for the fact that if I did have trouble remembering, that I wouldn't assume it was you, because frankly, you've said things that require just about as much contempt.

Salty. You really need to grow up a wee bit. This is an appalling response for someone who believes themselves to be a cut above the rest of us morally (presumably, since you want to be a pastor).

Take what Leith is saying at face value rather than trying your hardest to see slights in his words which aren't there. He obviously knows the Bible well, and can see the wisdom in it and is trying to convey the lessons he's learned. He is a far better example of how a Christian should behave than yourself, yet you feel you're a good candidate for being a Pastor...

I don't think he's writing in quasi-Christian ways - he just has a far better vocabulary than you, and is evidently more mature. Like I said, not everyone here is out to get you on these boards, when someone offers advice, maybe it's better to just accept it and contemplate on it rather than lashing out with uncalled for remarks. I believe I know how you'll react to this response, too

GHPorter:
I don't believe that meta tags are required in an (X)HTML document, and the only place I'd use them these days is for setting the charset (although, you may as well just do that in the <?xml?> tag if you're using XHTML), rather than to describe the content. Especially for sites where the content changes lots - it's two places where you have to update and keep in sync. Like besson said, a well coded site (as they all should be in this day and age ) will get spidered and have all the content at the search engine's disposal. Google's ranking algorithm is clever enough to place importance on certain words depending on where they are in the document, the frequency a certain key word occurs and in what type of context it's in (e.g. if it's in an H1 tag, it's more important than being buried somewhere in the alt attribute of an image). It's hard to rank the importance of words in meta tags...

SWG - it might be a good idea to take besson's offer. If anything, it'll future proof your site as and when Yahoo! moves over to a more Google-esque method.
Just who are Britain? What do they? Who is them? And why?

Formerly Black Book

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Jan 8, 2006, 11:02 AM

Look, you're guilty of many of the accusations you make in this post. I'd bring up the pot-kettle "dichotomy," but Kevin already posted the pic of the pottery checking itself out in the mirror.

The bottom line is that, as I brought up earlier, you are continuously insensitive and immature in rude and sarcastic manners, and if you really think you want to become a pastor, rather than calling names and hiding with haughty guise your defensiveness, etc., I'd recommend taking a more WDLovable position and practicing more often what you someday may preach.
"You rise," he said, "like Aurora."

Kevin
Baninated
Jan 8, 2006, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by isao bered
yeah. for a vase it *would* look pretty stupid. but for an amphora it looks rather smart. ;-)

be well.

laeth
OMG! PPPWNAGE!

Kevin
Baninated
Jan 8, 2006, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by besson3c
I forgot about that story, but it does ring a bell.

Does it come from the part of the Bible that we are supposed to ignore or consider a metaphor - the Old Testament or something?
No it's the point where people start projecting their fantasies into things.
Ha, and you guys have the nerve to say I have a gay agenda and always bring up religion.

How did you suckers turn a thread about yahoo into Gays and God?
How it ALWAYS happens SWG. You should know this by now.
Originally Posted by Railroader
Actually, you're always the one bringing up religion. Do you deny it?
Hey, atleast he has been posting it in the right part of the forums.
The bottom line is that, as I brought up earlier, you are continuously insensitive and immature in rude and sarcastic manners, and if you really think you want to become a pastor, rather than calling names, etc., I'd recommend taking a more WDLovable position and practicing more often what you someday may preach.
*thumbsup*

All of us could learn from WD.

Leia's Left Bun  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 8, 2006, 01:32 PM

If I could get over the whole gay comments by the chicken can't everyone else?

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!"

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Jan 8, 2006, 02:25 PM

Ça suffit!

tooki

Forum Links
Forum Rules