Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Brenthaven 17" backpack shipped today

Brenthaven 17" backpack shipped today
JohnM15141
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 20, 2003, 05:15 PM

This is the Backpack that is shown at the AppleStore Online for the 17 inch Powerbook.

I ordered one along with an Airport Extreme Basestation to go with my 17" Powerbook, back on January 9th.

The AirPort Extreme Basestation shipped two weeks early(from my web orders estimated ship date.)

The Brenthaven 17 Backpack has shipped 4 days early. So...

if I use linear logic, my 17 inch Powerbook should ship 2 days early!

That would have it ship on March 22nd! Only one month to go!

Fortunately...Logic has nothing to do with it, so I 'll just make a wish that it ships earlier.

However one fact is clear: 2/3rds of my order has shipped early!

Wet Jimmy
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 20, 2003, 07:18 PM

Just had a look at Brenthaven - those backpacks look really nice.

I'm waiting on my 17" Powerbook too, but it looks like the Australian Apple On-Line Store doesn't list those packs. Looks like I'm about to make a phone call

PBAddict
Forum Regular
Feb 20, 2003, 10:43 PM

On the Brenthaven site I could not find details of the PB17 bag. How much other stuff can you fit in the bag together with the Laptop.

JohnM15141  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 20, 2003, 10:56 PM

I saw the 15" PB version at CompUSA. They are very well made. Very large zippers and strong material. There is plenty of room. The PB goes in a pouch that secures inside. This pouch has a handle so it can be carried as its own case. There is a large open pocket for easy access to magazines etc. This was a feature that sold me. It's perfect size backpack for Airline travel.

Originally posted by PBAddict:
On the Brenthaven site I could not find details of the PB17 bag. How much other stuff can you fit in the bag together with the Laptop.

libratem
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 24, 2003, 09:32 PM

Originally posted by JohnM15141:
I saw the 15" PB version at CompUSA. They are very well made. Very large zippers and strong material. There is plenty of room. The PB goes in a pouch that secures inside. This pouch has a handle so it can be carried as its own case. There is a large open pocket for easy access to magazines etc. This was a feature that sold me. It's perfect size backpack for Airline travel.
I have the Brenthaven 15" pack. I've been using it daily for more than a year and it still looks new. They're tough!

One of the best selling points is that they're totally anonymous-- there's nothing on the outside to identify it as a an expensive backpack; no logos, and as a laptop pack it's pretty much incognito.

JohnM15141  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 19, 2003, 09:44 PM

I've got my 17" PB and it fits inside the pouch that came with my Brenthaven backpack. It's a perfect fit, I can tell that it is well protected. The padding covers it well, particularly the vulnerable corners.

It looks like I won't need a keyboard pad, the Screen seems very rigid and the keys don't seem to touch the screen.

Monday I will be taking it to the airport and fly to asia. The big test of the Backpack(as well as the 17" Power Book.)

This backpack seems to be a perfect match!

I'll let you know after my upcoming 21 day road test

AssassyN
Professional Poster
Mar 19, 2003, 10:38 PM

Wonderful news as my 17" Brenthaven Case is in transit to me now!
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

Dougmc
Forum Regular
Mar 19, 2003, 10:46 PM

My Brenthaven backpack is scheduled to arrive tomorrow according to UPS tracking. Unfortunately, I have no computer to put in it yet. My 17" was ordered 2/21 from MacWarehouse. I've been told that they won't have them available until 3/31. Of course, my rep also told me that nobody else (Apple Stores, resellers...) will have them any sooner. I guess we all know that's a bunch of crap.

I'll remain patient and simply enjoy my new killer backpack.
17" PowerBook (delivered 4/2/2003) | www.mcschooler.com

Arch.
Forum Regular
Mar 19, 2003, 11:01 PM

I ordered the shoulder case....can anyone post some detailed pictures of it...or tell me where I might find some?

AssassyN
Professional Poster
Mar 20, 2003, 08:00 AM

Originally posted by Arch.:
I ordered the shoulder case....can anyone post some detailed pictures of it...or tell me where I might find some?
I've been looking for this before, and I don't think anyone's taken pictures of them yet, but I'll get mine soon, and I'll take some pics of it and make sure I post them.
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

nobitacu
Mac Elite
Mar 20, 2003, 08:04 AM

I've been using mine for more then a week now. It is very very nice hehehehehe All it is missing now is the 17inch powerbook since I've also bought the BOSE headphones to go with my powerbook hehehe. Monday... the wait will all be over...

Take this again Bill Gates!

A Proud Mac User Since: 03/24/03
Apple Computer: MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 3 GB Memory, 120 GB HD

Forum Links
Forum Rules