Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Sony Bravia & Mac Mini (HDMI)?

Sony Bravia & Mac Mini (HDMI)?
flame12
Forum Regular
Feb 8, 2008, 05:52 PM

I am looking to purchase either the Sony Bravia KDL-40W3000 or the KDL-40V3000. I have a Mac mini that I would like to hook up to whichever TV I buy via HDMI (with a DVI->HDMI cable).

I would like to know:

Will this work? Will the Sony TV be able to output at 1920x1080 (without overscan)?

Thanks guys!
Because the people who are crazy enough to think
they can change the world, are the ones who do.

mduell
Posting Junkie
Feb 8, 2008, 10:33 PM

Yes it will work. You may need an app like switchresx to get the mini to output 1920x1080. Not sure if the Bravias have a no-overscan option, Google with the TV model and the word overscan.

seivad
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 11, 2008, 07:00 PM

i have the 40W superb TV actually, gets killer reviews and i love mine! at the moment i have a ATI 9600 graphics card plugged straight in via the VGA cable that came with the tele and it looks great. at 1920 its pretty small (Win XP) and i'm sitting about 2 metres tops away. i have it set to 1440 x xxxx which is actually good.

The mrs even enjoys surfing myspace and facebook on the TV now. But i have the same plan, buy a mac mini and use DVI to HDMI cable. the TV is very mac ... it just works! go do buy it now!!!

Forum Links
Forum Rules