Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iMovie 09- Import from handycam fails

iMovie 09- Import from handycam fails
ashishn
Forum Regular
Jan 25, 2010, 05:56 AM

Hi,

I have Sony DCR-TRV340E handycam which is recognized correctly by iMovie 09 on my Macbook Pro but have issue with importing.

What Fails
When I press cmd-i, import screen comes up but I am unable to operate via rewind, forward, play, stop buttons as they are grayed out. if I start import then imported video is blank and nothing is displayed on screen. Size of the imported clips are quite big even though they are blank which is funny

What Works
Import works fine if I start Play from handycam and immediately click Import button, quickly selected folder, event name etc. I can be quick to do this but don't want to perform this stunt every time.

is this because my handycam is not supported officially as per Apple support page or something else?

Can someone help?

Thanks,
Ashish

mduell
Posting Junkie
Jan 25, 2010, 12:51 PM

Yea, Apple doesn't support anything prior to miniDV. Anything else is generic Firewire video input, so you'll have to do the stunt.

Forum Links
Forum Rules