Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > printing from 10.2 address book

printing from 10.2 address book
daqman
Forum Regular
Aug 26, 2002, 10:17 PM

Does anyone know of a simple way to print mailing labels from the Address Book app in Jaguar?

I had hoped to replace the palm desktop with iSync, iCal and the address book but I can't see a way to print the addresses onto mailing labels.
Beware of geeks bearing Gifs

Mediaman_12
Professional Poster
Aug 27, 2002, 11:54 AM

Originally posted by daqman:
Does anyone know of a simple way to print mailing labels from the Address Book app in Jaguar?

I had hoped to replace the palm desktop with iSync, iCal and the address book but I can't see a way to print the addresses onto mailing labels.
I don't think the built in Address Book print's Mailing (Avery) Lables. hopefully thre will be a 3party addition in the future

As a question to you. How well does the palm desktop print lables, will it do this without the Palm Hardwhere & does it's Address Book sinc with the Apple one?

I would really like not to have to keep 2 Contacts databases up to date, which it is increasingly looking like what I will have to do.

daqman  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 27, 2002, 05:20 PM

Originally posted by Mediaman_12:

I don't think the built in Address Book print's Mailing (Avery) Lables. hopefully thre will be a 3party addition in the future

As a question to you. How well does the palm desktop print lables, will it do this without the Palm Hardwhere & does it's Address Book sinc with the Apple one?

I would really like not to have to keep 2 Contacts databases up to date, which it is increasingly looking like what I will have to do.
As far as I can tell the palm desktop works without the palm hardware. I don't recall if connecting the hardware is a critical step in the install.
As far as printing is concerned you select addresses from the address book either by marking them with a check mark or by dragging a selection over them then select print. Mailing labels is one of the print options. When that is selected the type of label (Avery) is availible as an option. You can chose to skip the first N labels for cases where you already used part of a sheet of labels.
Beware of geeks bearing Gifs

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 27, 2002, 11:58 PM

Is there any way to print just one full Address Card? Every time I try to print, the preview shows a list of all my contacts and their phone numbers. I want to print one card with all info. Possible?

Forum Links
Forum Rules