Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > 10.3.3 : apps windows don't come to front when launched

10.3.3 : apps windows don't come to front when launched
darcybaston
Grizzled Veteran
May 8, 2004, 08:42 AM

I had to create a new user account and migrate files to get GarageBand working again and this new user account has a funny problem. Launched apps don't come to the front. Everything launches in behind whatever window was frontmost when I Iaunch them.

Anyone else ever experience this and how do I fix this silliness? I just clicked on Mail and it's window opened behind this browser window. *shakes head in wonder*

SMacTech
Mac Elite
May 8, 2004, 09:39 AM

I have seen this behavior on and off since Jag and the only fix I know is to log out or reboot. It seems to be precipitated by Classic, since that is the only time I have noticed it, when developing an OS 9 application I sell.

darcybaston  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
May 8, 2004, 09:50 AM

Ok. I haven't touched Classic in months. I'll try the traditional reboot solution and see what that does. I'm so used to never rebooting this iBook, I never think of it anymore!

SMacTech
Mac Elite
May 8, 2004, 10:31 AM

It obviously is triggered by something other than Classic then. It's just that I noticed when it did happen, I was developing in Classic. I hope they fix it, as it's rather annoying, that along with the repeating keys problem that has been going on forever.

Forum Links
Forum Rules