Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Who has the rev B 17"s ?

Who has the rev B 17"s ?
Naz
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 9, 2003, 02:39 AM

I just want to hear some good news while I still wait on mines
Nazaire's Art - -- iMac 500 DV SE --- 17" PB

lblev
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 9, 2003, 03:05 AM

Just got mine today.

Perfect condition, no spots on the screen, no latch problems, no dead pixels, battery life is good. Gets warm under heavy use but not as bad as my old Ti667. The fan is very quiet. The first time my titanium fan came on, I honestly thought my girlfriend had turned on her hair dryer.

This computer is a home run. As great as it looks online, it is even more impressive in the flesh. I almost ordered the 15" after reading all the bellyaching about how big the 17 was and how hard it was to lug around, but it's not bad at all. Doesn't feel to much bigger or heavier than the Ti. So glad I made the right call. Don't sweat it, you'll love yours.

Enjoy.

Naz  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 9, 2003, 03:15 AM

congrats lblev glad you are enjoying it!

pjmurphy
Forum Regular
Oct 9, 2003, 06:52 AM

Originally posted by Naz:
I just want to hear some good news while I still wait on mines
Upgraded from a TiPB that I bought 11/02. Got the 17" RevB about 3 weeks ago. I love this thing. Thought I would have to give up some things like opening it in tight spots (given its size) and a healthy back (from its weight).

I had been reading all the comments here about how it was so huge and heavy but again, those are reader comments and opinions. Take 'em with a grain of salt and form your own opinion...

I am happy to report that none of my computing habits have changed. I use it everywhere I used the 15". I can even use the same bag (Tumi Vessey).

Everything about it says quality.. you will not regret your purchase..

On another note.. I am getting married next week so I am trying to get all my tech-gadget purchases out of the way before I start justifying things :-)

She was typing on the new 17" this past weekend and didn't even notice it was a new machine! I was ready with my reasoning and financial due diligence.. nothing!!

Kinda puts all of our Apple-lusting and mania into perspective!!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
www.brandthunder.com
15" MBP
2 nanos (blk, red)
8GB iPhone
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Naz  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 9, 2003, 07:05 AM

YaaaaY!

Congrats on getting married...

please keep the good news coming, I'm about to break down I miss my rev A 17" only had it a day before some bad ram fried it, I returned it a few days later (Paris Expo)

guess the good thing is I'm getting a Rev B now

YAAAAY!!! 1-7 17 YAAAAAAAYYY!

pjmurphy
Forum Regular
Oct 9, 2003, 07:10 AM

YaaaaY!

Congrats on getting married...

please keep the good news coming, I'm about to break down I miss my rev A 17" only had it a day before some bad ram fried it, I returned it a few days later (Paris Expo)

guess the good thing is I'm getting a Rev B now

YAAAAY!!! 1-7 17 YAAAAAAAYYY!
Thanks Naz - off topic but you are quite the talent! People should click on your art link and check it out.. great stuff.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
www.brandthunder.com
15" MBP
2 nanos (blk, red)
8GB iPhone
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Naz  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 9, 2003, 07:16 AM

Originally posted by pjmurphy:
Thanks Naz - off topic but you are quite the talent! People should click on your art link and check it out.. great stuff.
Thanks man... just think everyday I want to give that up cause I'm poor and need a real JOB

I'm getting a 17" PB because a large company made a 16 month 2004 Calendar featuring my work so those paintings worked out for me this year

Jbroad572
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 9, 2003, 12:56 PM

I have a 17" Rev B PB. I got it yesterday. The only thing I can say at this time is,what a nice box. I vowed not to open it until Friday, and people don't think I can do it. I've upgraded from the Rev A. I'll be sure to post any comments I have tomorrow after my last class. So tempting

Nice sig Pjmurphy. I love special ed.

pjmurphy
Forum Regular
Oct 9, 2003, 01:02 PM

Originally posted by Jbroad572:
I have a 17" Rev B PB. I got it yesterday. The only thing I can say at this time is,what a nice box. I vowed not to open it until Friday, and people don't think I can do it. I've upgraded from the Rev A. I'll be sure to post any comments I have tomorrow after my last class. So tempting

Nice sig Pjmurphy. I love special ed.
Whats up with the Friday opening?!? That is painful!!!

I'VE GOT MAIL LADY!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
www.brandthunder.com
15" MBP
2 nanos (blk, red)
8GB iPhone
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Jbroad572
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 9, 2003, 01:23 PM

Yea just a bit painful. Here's the thread http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.p...hreadid=181046
Here's one for ya:
"Knock, Knock"
"Who's There"
"AhAHAHAHAHA, I got ya lady"

-Special Ed

bonk
Oct 9, 2003, 01:26 PM

I got my 17" a week ago. Wow, it's sweet. This is my first laptop, upgrading from a Dual 500 (which I still have). I enjoy having dual monitor support. It took me a day or two to get used to the size, but now I won't go back to anything smaller.

Just the other day I had some time between classes. So I went to the library, they've got some couches and stuff. Everyone was studying and was all quiet. Then I whip out my 17" and start watching a dvd, lol. I did use headphones though.

I'm still getting used to having less vertical space but more horizontal space on the screen. I ran 1280x1024 on the desktop, now running 1440x900.
Dual 500 G4 :: 576mb :: 180gb (120+40+20)
17" PB G4 1.33 gHz :: 1gb :: 80 gb @ 5400rpm

Naz  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 9, 2003, 05:08 PM

just got mines, I did not open the box yet I'm nervous, I hope I have no more problems and will enjoy this

Naz  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 9, 2003, 06:18 PM

seems like the reseller did a lot of testing to this PB before shipping because it shipped with an "Admin" user

I had to use the software restore CD to reset the passwords

but for some reason when I am prompt to give a password for keychain access I get incorrect password... What to do???

damn I wish I had a 10.3 cd now!

pjmurphy
Forum Regular
Oct 9, 2003, 06:21 PM

seems like the reseller did a lot of testing to this PB before shipping because it shipped with an "Admin" user

I had to use the software restore CD to reset the passwords

but for some reason when I am prompt to give a password for keychain access I get incorrect password... What to do???

damn I wish I had a 10.3 cd now!
HOLD ON!!! Naz - you commited to waiting til' Friday?? Whats up? Your in NYC (I think) and don't think its even 7 PM on Thursday yet...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
www.brandthunder.com
15" MBP
2 nanos (blk, red)
8GB iPhone
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Naz  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 9, 2003, 06:25 PM

no that was not me who made the thread about waiting till friday

I saw that thread,,, I would never let my PB sit for days without playing with it

I need help with this Keychain Access to "Admin" thing - anyone?

midnite23
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 10, 2003, 12:32 AM

17"revB is my first MAC and I love it flawless. Everything runs perfect and no hardware problems

DUDE 007
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 10, 2003, 12:47 AM

When I got word that my PB 17 had arrived and was waiting to be picked up I drove like a mad man in traffic and all just so I could have it that day. When I got into my car I could not even drive away. The anticipation was killing me sooooo I cracked it open right there in the parking lot LOL. Once I carefully pealed off all the protective covers to reveal all its glory and slick aluminum case I powered it up. To my surprise the computer was already charged and ready to go...even the software was pre-loaded...wow!!!
Anyways, after months of research and endless descision making I opted for the PB 17 for its size and features. A week later...and a perma smile that wont stop I could not be happier. Just so you know this is my very first mac and let me say it was well worth the wait. The PB 17 is trully a piece of work...I love it...so far that is

Naz  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 10, 2003, 02:54 AM

All set up now

so far evertthing is great, I can't wait for Panther

so far a flawless experience

Forum Links
Forum Rules