Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Help with Entourage fonts ...

Help with Entourage fonts ...
BlueCat
Nov 13, 2003, 01:24 AM

Does anyone who use Entourage suffer from font size problmes?

When I receive email both in the preview pane and when I open the mail, the fonts are pretty small.

When I create an email, the fonts are small too, but then when it gets to its destination, people are telling me that the fonts are bloody huge!!!

I did a bit more testing and noticed that I've set the font to be say 12 points in Entourage and send myself an email. Then I quickly switch to mail.app and receive the mail. The font turns out to be 17 points in size instead of 12!!!

Anyone know of such issue and if there's a fix or at least what am I doing wrong?
15" Aluminium Powerbook 1.25GHz G4
Panther 10.3
"My first Mac, but definitely not my last!"

workerbee
Mac Elite
Nov 14, 2003, 06:22 AM

You could try using Plain Text (Mail & News Preferences -> Compose), which IMHO is what emails should be anyway.
MBP 15" 2.33GHz C2D 3GB 2*23" ACD

Preciousss
Forum Regular
Nov 15, 2003, 01:08 PM

I have the same experience of Entourage. Always slightly embarassed when I get a quoted reply back from someone and my email text is so damn big.

Haven't really found a solution except to squint when I type smaller font messages. Reading them isn't quite a strain since there's that font enlargement button in each message. And how's this for extra tedium? I type larger font emails and choose smaller from that dropdown menu.

Thinking more and more of migrating to Mail...

BlueCat  (op)
Nov 19, 2003, 06:23 PM

Originally posted by Preciousss:
Thinking more and more of migrating to Mail...
... I know how you feel, I actually did switch to Mail for a couple of days and all was pretty good. It's just the pretty lame calendar and to-do in iCal that's holding me back to ditching Entourage!
15" Aluminium Powerbook 1.25GHz G4
Panther 10.3
"My first Mac, but definitely not my last!"

car1son
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 19, 2003, 10:26 PM

I changed Entourage's deault HTML proportional font to Arial 10 (I think the default is Veranda 12). That seems more harmonious with Windows Outlook correspondents. (E's General Preferences/Fonts)

Forum Links
Forum Rules