Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > So, about The Dark Knight Rises...

So, about The Dark Knight Rises...
lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 22, 2012, 02:51 PM

The Dark Knight Rises is a solid film; it does almost everything right that it needed to get right.

The action is excellent, and Bane is a ferocious villain. The fighting scenes in Batman films are rarely good, but every fight in this film is great, even the little inconsequential ones. Bane was a big risk: if the fighting in Rises was a tepid as other Batman films, it would have utterly ruined this film. But Nolan raised his standards here, and it works. Tom Hardy was a brilliant choice for Bane, looking massive and menacing. He was hard to understand sometimes, though.

"Catwoman" (never called that in the film) was a big risk too, since she's inherently campy while needing to be clever, smart-mouthed, and fierce. It all works because her dialogue is the best in the film, and her motivations are pretty clear and believable. But she was a smarmy, selfish brat that Batman kept trusting when he has every reason to strangle her, making Batman look dumb and gullible. But Hathaway was a great choice also, and she looks great. (No gratuitous ass shots like The Avengers, though.)

However, none of the returning actors come off as well. Caine, Freemen, and Oldmen are given nothing interesting to do or say, which is an incredible shame. Bale is forced to play a human punching bag trying to sew itself back together.

Cotillard isn't given enough time to do what her character needed. Matthew Modine's character has a stupid sub-plot which should have been cut, along with Bruce's prison-mates, the CIA guys, the new corporate suits, and the school kids. It's impossible to talk about Gordon-Levitt's character without spoiling anything, but if you have an ounce of sense you saw this coming from a mile away.

This film also did a number of things poorly that it shouldn't have done at all: a ponderous, murky story with predictable plot twits, too many unnecessary characters, way too many flashbacks, and way, way too much expositional dialogue. This film really needed another script rewrite to tighten things up. Well, there was one plot twist that no one saw coming, and when you see the film you'll know exactly what I'm talking about, but that's what happens when you move one character's main attributes to a completely different character. Imagine seeing a Justice League film, but Aquaman instead of Superman is affected by Kryptonite; you'd be surprised too!

Everyone knows "show, don't tell." Well, Nolan seems to think that when he has the characters babble endlessly about the past, he can disguise it by showing flashbacks while the characters in the present talk over it. It doesn't work. Nolan even does something almost insane: a flashback to an event that never actually happened! A character tells another about a fantasy he used to have, which Nolan shows on the screen. Why Nolan wanted to see to contents of someone's thoughts on the screen completely baffles me.

And even with all this dialogue about the past, the past is still incredibly murky. For instance, the film links Bane to the League of Shadows very early on, but by the end, I still don't know if Bane was trained as one of them or not. If not, where did he learn to fight on the level of Batman? Instead of telling us everything about Bane's history (like Batman) or nothing at all (like Joker), we're given a muddy history that annoys us instead of intriguing us. Also, did Bruce become a recluse when he retired Batman, or after shuttering his "secret project" at Wayne Enterprises? This is important because it affects how other characters enter the story, and I can't figure it out. The events at the end of the Dark Knight film influence this film, but only barely. By the time the truth comes out about Dent, no one is in any position to care.

Finally, can we get back to superhero films where the bad guys are criminals instead of terrorists? I would just like a film where "destroy Gotham" isn't the villain's sole motivation.

Verdict: Go see it, but don't expect a film on the level of The Dark Knight. Lightning only strikes once.

design219
Professional Poster
Jul 22, 2012, 05:10 PM

I thought it was a mistake not being able to see Bane's mouth. I found not seeing his lips move when he talked very distracting. I couldn't help thinking it was all dubbed. Even the accent was a bit odd. The lack of back story for catwoman also seemed odd. I agree she was a good choice. She's hot and talented.

But over all I enjoyed the movie. It was long, but a good story.

I'm not sure what to think of how it ended.

[SPOILER=Warning: Spoiler!]
Are they going to make a Robin movie next?
[/SPOILER]

My stupid iPhone game: Nesen Probe, it's rather old, annoying and pointless, but it's free.
Was free. Now it's gone. Never to be seen again.
Off to join its brother and sister apps that could not
keep up with the ever updating iOS. RIP Nesen Probe.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jul 22, 2012, 05:14 PM

I liked DKR, but what comes next? We know this is Nolan and Bale's last, so does the next director and cast try to continue where this movie ends, or does it go for another reboot?

Salty
Professional Poster
Jul 22, 2012, 05:27 PM

Spoiler alert ... everything:

No gratuitous ass shots? Were you not paying attention when Catwoman got on the bat cycle? That thing can't be ridden without one's ass saying "come hither."

Bane's voice was probably my number one gripe about his character. Seriously it all was clearly dubbed in the studio and you could tell. His accent was weird and always louder than everything around.

There was a really weird kinda Pro and Anti OWS vibe to the whole thing. On the one hand they kinda talked about big government keeping a bunch of people behind bars somewhat unjustly (Though it's Gotham so you're kinda supposed to believe that's the right choice.) Bane then lets the people decide things, but it's apparently a total puppet government. Thing with that though is that there was all kinds of expiration of the human condition that could have occurred ... but in the end apparently in the Batman universe everyone who doesn't dress up like an animal is apparently a bad person.

Batcycle moments aside I'd say Catwoman was by far the star of the movie. Every scene with her was fun, dramatic and intriguing. You cared what happened to her. Frankly I cared what happened to her more than Batman.

Given that Catwoman was great I'd say that overall I probably liked the movie more than Dark Night, especially since this one actually didn't actually have two separate endings like Dark Knight.

Also agreed on the story telling elements and exhaustive flash backs. We get it, a child can climb. A child can climb out of hell. Also what kind of jail is that? Everyone was apparently rooting for Batman? The whole prison thing was necessary for the plot but very weird and didn't make much sense. Also the twist at the end with what's her face wasn't really foreshadowed in a meaningful manner. Looking back yes you can see it makes sense, but there should be something to give you an inkling and there really wasn't something. The whole time Bane's in charge until it turns out that he's really just a henchman?

Overall great movie, it wasn't like the recent Spiderman which had lame assed scenes like the crane scene. At the same time I think the worst part about this movie was that I didn't care about a single character except for Catwoman.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jul 22, 2012, 05:54 PM

I'm not sure I see the OWS references, but I did chuckle after the movie in thinking about Rush Limbaugh flipping out over the whole Bane thing supposedly being a reference to Romney's company. Never mind that Bane was one of a small selection of Batman villans that would work in a movie like this and first made his appearance in the comics in 1993, this movie had absolutely *nothing* to do with Mitt Romney.

Then again, there some conservatives flipping out over Wall-E too, so perhaps conservatives flipping out over movies is unavoidable.

knifecarrier2
Baninated
Jul 23, 2012, 08:52 PM

Loved it. But did not understand something rather major. If the bad guys had the bomb, and were planning on blowing up Gotham anyway, and they weren't going to leave either, but instead blow themselves all up... why didn't they just do it? Secondly, how did they convince the hundreds of goons running the show that they should all kill themselves too? None of that made any sense to me. They should have just blown it up if they were hell bent on dying anyway.

Also... the bomb at the end, even if it was extremely heavy, should not have been a problem for the batcopter, as a scene earlier it had been doing flips and tons of evasive manuvers that require ludicrous amounts of thrust. ie, if the thing is able to flip around like that, towing a ball that big even if it were solid LEAD, which it wasn't, wouldnt' be much of a problem.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jul 23, 2012, 09:16 PM

Speaking of the bomb at the end, wouldn't a 6 mile blast radius still leave a massive crater in the ground and cause a typhoon or something crazy?

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 23, 2012, 09:53 PM

<h2 class="title icon" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 10px; padding-right: 10px; padding-bottom: 10px; padding-left: 0px; font-size: 14px; font-weight: normal; display: block; font: normal normal bold 14px/normal Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; "> Dark Knight Rises ending already up on YouTube!! </h2>

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

dav
Mac Elite
Jul 24, 2012, 04:20 AM

any physicists out there? i don't get how they would know down to the nearest minute/second when the bomb would naturally detonate - couldn't it be any time within a week? a month? and if it was so unstable, wouldn't slamming it around cause it to go off?
one post closer to five stars

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Jul 24, 2012, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by dav View Post
any physicists out there? i don't get how they would know down to the nearest minute/second when the bomb would naturally detonate - couldn't it be any time within a week? a month? and if it was so unstable, wouldn't slamming it around cause it to go off?
I can't speak as to how they'd know the timing so exactly, but I agree that it seems highly unlikely.

As far as slamming it around detonating it, it probably wouldn't cause it to detonate. Obviously this is a fictional technology, but actual nuclear/atomic (fission) bombs are incredibly finicky, and if things aren't aligned exactly properly it won't detonate (well, the primary, incendiary charge probably will, but it won't achieve the critical mass necessary to produce a nuclear explosion). And, despite popular conceptions, it's not that easy to make a fission reactor go critical and cause an explosion either. This is true with older designs, and even more so with newer ones. A fusion reactor would necessarily work in a much different way than a fission bomb (or even a fission reactor), however, so it's really rather difficult to say. Based on the size of the reactor as portrayed in the movie, it's clear that they're not using the traditional approach to nuclear fusion: blasting the **** out of the reaction mass with a huge-ass laser. There are other proposed, and, in some cases, prototype, technologies for creating a sustainable, net-energy-positive fusion reaction, however I'm not ware of any that could be reduced to something that small. But in most cases you're going to be using some kind of magnetic containment (which is consistent with the shape of the reactor in the movie) to hold the reaction and, at worse, if bumping the reactor around were to cause that containment to fail you'd probably just end up with a short-term release of high-energy plasma that would certainly cause some major damage, but only in a limited area; any explosions would likely be purely secondary due to the released heat of the escaping plasma,

Eug
Clinically Insane
Jul 24, 2012, 05:48 PM

What happens in the first couple of minutes? I missed that. (In spoiler tags please.) I got there when

I'm on vacation with no car and made the mistake of taking an (expensive) taxi to the out-of-the-way IMAX theatre. The taxi driver took his sweet time to justify his overcharged flat rate, so I missed the first minute or two, and had to sit in the first row too.

I should have just gone to the local crappy theatre.

subego
Clinically Insane
Jul 24, 2012, 08:12 PM

I think the beginning may be online as a teaser deal.

I heard someone complaining the beginning kinda sucked because they had already seen it.

Don Pickett
Professional Poster
Jul 24, 2012, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by dav View Post
The bomb physics in the movie were a complete joke. Let's start from the beginning:

1) Weaponizing fusion: This has already been done. It's called a thermonuclear weapon, and the first test was by the US in 1951. Fusion in an of itself doesn't produce a blast. It's main purpose is to provide a massive neutron flux to keep the fission reaction going longer;
2) Fusion weapons are powered by stable isotopes of non-radioactive substances, like deuterium, which is just a form of hydrogen. They do not degrade and, if they did, nothing bad would happen;
3) As fusion reactors do not rely on the breakdown of unstable isotopes, so there's no radiation to detect. They wouldn't have read anything on those trucks driving around town;
4) At one point, one of the characters says the weapon is a neutron bomb. A neutron bomb is a normal nuclear weapon whose case is covered with something which will deliver a massive neutron flux when hit by the fissioning particles, and thus produce a huge amount of gamma radiation. Because of this, enhanced radiation weapons don't need to be very large;
5) Near the end of the movie the weapon's yield is given as 4 megatons, which is an enormous weapon. For comparison purposes, the warheads on US and Russian ICBMs, which are city killers, are estimated to be about 450 kilotons. A 4 megaton weapon would destroy almost every structure within a 10 mile diameter circle centered on the blast. A 4 megaton neutron bomb would kill every living thing for a radius of hundreds of miles. Additionally, a 4 megaton blast over the ocean would produce an enormous amount of radioactive spray and fog, which would expand with the blast wave and cover everything it touched with a coating of radioactive byproducts hot enough to render those structures uninhabitable for decades.

I give the movie a sold Meh, and its physics a LOL.

edit: blast radius. This is a tricky term with nuclear weapons, but a 4 megaton bomb would shatter windows 30 miles away.

So, in brief: a pure fusion weapon wouldn't do a thing. A 4 megaton thermonuclear weapon would do an enormous amount of damage. A 4 megaton enhanced radiation weapon would kill everything and everyone for hundreds of miles.
The era of anthropomorphizing hardware is over.

Eug
Clinically Insane
Jul 25, 2012, 05:08 AM

I'll look for the teaser, thanks.

Yeah, the physics was plain stupid. However they could have mitigated that simply by changing the description a little.

dav
Mac Elite
Jul 25, 2012, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by nonhuman View Post
I can't speak as to how they'd know...
Originally Posted by Don Pickett View Post
The bomb physics in the movie...
cool, thanks
one post closer to five stars

Don Pickett
Professional Poster
Jul 25, 2012, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by Eug View Post
I'll look for the teaser, thanks.
Yeah, the physics was plain stupid. However they could have mitigated that simply by changing the description a little.
Just have the bad guys steal a nuke. Massive plot holes closed.

knifecarrier2
Baninated
Jul 25, 2012, 09:51 PM

Again...

Loved it. But did not understand something rather major. If the bad guys had the bomb, and were planning on blowing up Gotham anyway, and they weren't going to leave either, but instead blow themselves all up... why didn't they just do it? Secondly, how did they convince the hundreds of goons running the show that they should all kill themselves too? None of that made any sense to me. They should have just blown it up if they were hell bent on dying anyway.

Eriamjh
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 26, 2012, 04:02 AM

ALL SPOILERS:

First, you know you can't have a bomb in a movie without a countdown.

Second, I agree that some scenes could have been edited tighter to reduce the total running time. I think the credits were 10-12m long, but I did not stay to watch them all.

Third, Bane was overly loud. He sounded like Gandolf (Ian McKellen).

Fourth, I don't think that all the goons realized that the bomb was going to go off NO MATTER WHAT. Only Bane and his accomplice knew.

I'm a bird. I am the 1% (of pets).

Don Pickett
Professional Poster
Jul 26, 2012, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by knifecarrier2 View Post
Again...
Don't think too hard: there are plot holes in the movie large enough to drive another movie through.

Here's another one: if you have a city of 12 million completely cut off from the rest of the world for months, were are those 12 million people getting their food and supplies and medicine?

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 27, 2012, 09:52 PM

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

Hawkeye_a
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 28, 2012, 05:49 AM

It was a solid action flick. I liked it.

It was better than "Batman Begins", but it fell short of "The Dark Knight".

The reason? The villain. The Joker brought a level of sophistication rarely seen in action/superhero movies, he was a phycological villain. Bane comes off as your run-of-the-mill thug, in comparison.

And Catwoman......giggedy! I liked the way she was integrated into the movie(without ever calling her cat woman)...... it almost made "The Batman" seem like an attention-whore with the theatrics and makeup.

But yeah....go see the movie, it was entertaining all the way through. However, for now, for me, The Dark Knight is still by far the best superhero movie ever made.

Cheers

Eug
Clinically Insane
Jul 28, 2012, 08:39 PM

The thing about Bane is that sometimes he sounded like he was mumbling through a microphone. It was just irritating. The whole time I was thinking that Darth Vader was just so much clearer in the 1970s, yet still was believable as a character in a mask.

Oh and I think Marion Cotillard's character was almost superfluous, as written. And Scarecrow was definitely superfluous.

freudling
Banned
Jul 29, 2012, 09:04 AM

I'm getting to the point where I feel like I'm outgrowing movies. Hollywood trash. Same old.

Eug
Clinically Insane
Jul 29, 2012, 05:04 PM

So, don't watch Hollywood movies. There's a whole other movie world out there besides Los Angeles.

P.S. I just watched 50/50. I was pleasantly surprised. Big Hollywood actors, but a nice little movie, that wasn't shot in Hollywood.

Don Pickett
Professional Poster
Jul 30, 2012, 08:39 AM

The thing about Bane is that sometimes he sounded like he was mumbling through a microphone.
The real problem with Bane is he sounded like Baron Ünderbheit.

Oh and I think Marion Cotillard's character was almost superfluous. . .
There wasn't a character in that movie.

Eug
Clinically Insane
Jul 30, 2012, 09:57 AM

There wasn't a character in that movie.
? I'm talking about Miranda Tate.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jul 30, 2012, 10:11 AM

The real problem with Bane is he sounded like Baron Ünderbheit
Baron Ünderbeit meets Sean Connery from SNL Celebrity Jeopardy.

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 30, 2012, 10:16 AM

I've heard him described as an effete Darth Vader.

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

Don Pickett
Professional Poster
Jul 30, 2012, 08:44 PM

? I'm talking about Miranda Tate.
Sorry: I wasn't clear. I meant the writing was so bad there wasn't a fully developed character in the movie. There were a lot of stereotypes, though.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 31, 2012, 02:08 PM

It was meh for me. So many parts you just wondered WTF? Buying futures, letting Wayne Enterprises not make a profit, having a vertebrae punched back into place, too long fight scenes with Bane etc etc.

I liked : Hathaway's ass, the way that her goggles made her have cat ears when they were off her face, Tom Hardy.

For anyone that hasn't seen Bronson with Tom Hardy, go watch it.

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 6, 2012, 02:41 AM

Wow. The Dark Knight Rises sucks. Such bad writing and many parts that make you go WTF.

It basically has the same plot points as Batman Begins, but this one is long and dull.

All the police force are reduce to idiots and all the bad guys are reduce to zombies just following orders.

All the police chasing batman. Then all the police goes into the sewers to chase bad guys. Then all the police walk up to the bad guys with tanks that can blow them up to bits.

Are you kidding me?
Bush Tax Cuts == Job Killer
June 2001: 132,047,000 employed
June 2003: 129,839,000 employed
2.21 million jobs were LOST after 2 years of Bush Tax Cuts.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 6, 2012, 09:07 AM

First off, I really liked the movie, I thought it did justice to the series and was a fun, action-packed getaway to the movies.

Secondly, to everyone who is hell-bent on picking apart the accuracy of the yield of a nuclear weapon portrayed in a movie about a guy in a Bat Suit.....Da Fuq is wrong with you? I mean, I get it, the movie isn't accurate....is that what you go to the cinema for, for accuracy? I go for a fantasy escape from what is an accuracy-filled world of real life. My only advice to you folks is just stop going to the movies, for serious, if you can't suspend disbelief for two hours then maybe a big-budget action movie isn't for you.

In conclusion, great trilogy, did justice to the Batman lore, and very solid perfomances by many involved.

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 6, 2012, 11:06 PM

Transformers is a smarter movie than The Dark Knight Rises. A lot more fun and entertaining too.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 7, 2012, 03:53 AM

Your opinion has been noted, and filed under B, for bullshit.

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 7, 2012, 07:01 AM

More fun and entertaining... maybe... I don't think so, but I could see how someone might...

Smarter? Ha.

Transformers might be the single dumbest movie of all time. Eclipsed only by the Transformers 2.

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

lpkmckenna  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 7, 2012, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by hyteckit View Post
Transformers is a smarter movie than The Dark Knight Rises. A lot more fun and entertaining too.
Well, at the very least, Transformers was easy to follow and understand, unlike TDKR. Myself, I thought the first TF was a solid film with some bad editing, while the other two were convoluted nonsense. But smarter? C'mon.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 7, 2012, 09:47 AM

Well it's good to know your terrible posts aren't limited to the political arena.

Don Pickett
Professional Poster
Aug 7, 2012, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
Secondly, to everyone who is hell-bent on picking apart the accuracy of the yield of a nuclear weapon portrayed in a movie about a guy in a Bat Suit.....Da Fuq is wrong with you?  I mean, I get it, the movie isn't accurate....is that what you go to the cinema for, for accuracy?
Because the movie isn't being discussed as a big, dumb summer movie. It's being discussed as if it's a serious movie with good writing and a deep message. . . and it's not. It's a piece of shit, big, dumb summer movie whose chief purpose is to take up three hours of your life. I have no problem with someone who says, 'hey, it was fun--cool explosions and Anne Hathaway!' If someone starts to talk about how good a movie it was, then we have a problem.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 7, 2012, 10:19 AM

Because the movie isn't being discussed as a big, dumb summer movie. It's being discussed as if it's a serious movie with good writing and a deep message. . . and it's not. It's a piece of shit, big, dumb summer movie whose chief purpose is to take up three hours of your life. I have no problem with someone who says, 'hey, it was fun--cool explosions and Anne Hathaway!' If someone starts to talk about how good a movie it was, then we have a problem.
Middle-ground, motha****a, you heard of it?

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 7, 2012, 11:04 AM

Seriously, who is discussing it as a big serious movie full of important life lessons? Nobody in here of course, since going by the MacNN filter literally every movie that comes out is the worst movie ever. So either we have terrible movie after terrible movie or some of the most tight-assed theater-goers money can buy.

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 7, 2012, 11:58 AM

The Dark Knight Rises pretends is some sort of intelligent movie with deep spiritual meaning. Turns out is a dumber movie than Transformers.

The Gotham police force is turned into a bunch of dumb lemmings who can't do more than one thing at a time. Bain's plan required the police force to be dumb lemmings. How else would you trap the entire police force underground.

Bane and the bad guys decided not to kill off the police force for months so they can come back later to kick their butts?
Bane decided not to totally disable batman like chop off his arms so he can come back later to kick their butts?
Bane is surprise to see Batman somehow got out of the hole when a little child was able to do the same?

And let just give Batman about 6 months to recover from his broken back because that how long it takes for the fusion bomb to blow up by itself.
Why wait 6 months? Oh no reason except for giving Batman the opportunity to come back and rescue the police force, so they can kick the bad guys' butt.

Talk about lazy writing. This whole movie is idiotic.

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 7, 2012, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by lpkmckenna View Post
Well, at the very least, Transformers was easy to follow and understand, unlike TDKR. Myself, I thought the first TF was a solid film with some bad editing, while the other two were convoluted nonsense. But smarter? C'mon.
Yup. I can't believe that Transformers was a smarter movie than The Dark Knight Rises. But the more I think about it, the more I realize how dumb of a movie TDKR is.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 7, 2012, 12:15 PM

Yup. I can't believe that Transformers was a smarter movie than The Dark Knight Rises. But the more I think about it, the more I realize how dumb of a movie TDKR is.
Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post

Well it's good to know your terrible posts aren't limited to the political arena.
Quoted for posterity.

Also, you do realize than in the comic lore Bane does the exact same thing, breaks Batman's back and then doesn't kill him? Are you suggesting that a movie about Batman shouldn't have used information already written into the Batman character many years prior? Finally, you do realize that when you say something is badly written that it's kind of hilarious, since just about everything you post is badly written? You can barely string a thought together and you're calling out a movie script for being badly written?

[willywonka] Oh, you thought the Dark Knight Rises script was bad? You must be able to write something SOOO much better [/willywonka]

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 7, 2012, 12:27 PM

For some perspective, compare TDKR to the Schumacher Batman movies.

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 7, 2012, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post

Quoted for posterity.  

Also, you do realize than in the comic lore Bane does the exact same thing, breaks Batman's back and then doesn't kill him?  Are you suggesting that a movie about Batman shouldn't have used information already written into the Batman character many years prior?  Finally, you do realize that when you say something is badly written that it's kind of hilarious, since just about everything you post is badly written?  You can barely string a thought together and you're calling out a movie script for being badly written?  

[willywonka] Oh, you thought the Dark Knight Rises script was bad?  You must be able to write something SOOO much better [/willywonka]
Let's go for personal attacks because you can't defend what a stupid and poorly written movie that The Dark Knight Rises is.

Did I say Bain should've killed Batman? No, because Bain wanted Batman to see what he'll do to Gotham.

But Bain should've killed all the police officers trapped underground.

This is a very stupid and poorly written movie.

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 7, 2012, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
For some perspective, compare TDKR to the Schumacher Batman movies.
The old Batman movies weren't meant to be serious or smart. They were over the top silly.

The Dark Knight Rises was meant to be a serious and smart movie. Just ended up pretending to be a smart movie, but idiot as hell.

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 7, 2012, 01:36 PM

6 months later the Batcopter is still on the same rooftop where Batman left it.

How convenient.

Stupid lazy writing.

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 7, 2012, 01:45 PM

I enjoyed Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.

However, The Dark Knight Rises is a piece of sh*t

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 7, 2012, 05:21 PM

The Gotham police force are lemmings and can only do one thing at a time, so all the police force were sent underground to get a few dozen bad guys just so they can be conveniently trapped underground.

Bane and the bad guys decided not to kill off the police officers trapped underground.

Bane and the bad guys decided not to destroy the only thing that can stop the fusion bomb.

The fusion bomb is hidden in one of the few trucks driven around the city with no one to guard it except for the driver.

Batcopter was conveniently left on top of a high-rise building for about 6 months, even though Gotham was taken over by the bad guys who took all of Batman's toys they could find.

No one could fix the auto-pilot of the batcopter except for Bruce Wayne because all the electrical engineers and software engineers are not smart enough.

So Bruce Wayne can't walk without a cane. Doctor says he has no cartilage between the knees. Bruce Wayne needed an exoskeleton leg to walk and to enhance his ability.
He gets his back broken by Bane and gets toss into the hole without his bat suit and exoskeleton.
In less than 6 months, not only the Bruce Wayne recovered from his broken back, he suddenly develops cartilage in his knees and can run and jump better than most people.

Bruce Wayne hitchhikes back to Gotham City somehow, just in time to save Gotham City.

Just to get the desired ending, the script writers had to put characters in idiotic and non-sensical situations just so everything conveniently fits into place for the final act. Talk about stupid lazy writing.

knifecarrier2
Baninated
Aug 7, 2012, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by ort888 View Post
Transformers might be the single dumbest movie of all time. Eclipsed only by the Transformers 2.

You can pick apart any batman movie if you want, but Transformers was the ****ing dumbest piece of shit movie I've ever seen in my life. Talk about lowest common denominator. Peeing robots? Yup. Horrible special effects? Sure. BUT HEY LOUD NOISES AND EVERYTHING IS A GM PRODUCT SURE! RAD!

Please castrate yourself.

Forum Links
Forum Rules