Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Really need your thoughts and prayers

Really need your thoughts and prayers
iranfromthezoo
Senior User
Dec 19, 2008, 03:47 PM

Hey guys,

I work part time for a small graphics/t-shirt company here in Mississippi. It's me and two other guys with the owner having it as his sole source of income. Well today his shop burned down and he lost everything. I really don't know what to do and feel really bad seeing that I am a fulltime firefighter. I was just asking if you guys wouldn't mind keeping him in your thoughts and prayers and hopefully he can recover. He has a wife and 3 kids and really struggles already to make ends meet.

If any of you guys know of anyone wanting to get rid of anything can possibly help him get back on his feet that would be great and I would be more than thankful. I know it's tough times right now but I just don't know what to do to make this tragedy any easier than to offer my support, prayers and anything I can find him.

so we set up an account. It's at [email protected]

If you make it out to The Mountain Community Church: in care of Dave Marshall Family it will be a tax free.
( Last edited by iranfromthezoo; Dec 19, 2008 at 05:01 PM. Reason: paypal info)

E's Lil Theorem
Mac Elite
Dec 19, 2008, 04:26 PM

That's tough. How about the insurance? Are they going to help him while they investigate?

iranfromthezoo  (op)
Senior User
Dec 19, 2008, 04:48 PM

Sadly with this economy he had to cancel his insurance because it became a matter of affordability. They already know the cause. A heater malfunctioned and cause everything on fire.

(Mods and everyone else) is it okay to post a way to donate money to his family? How do you do that?

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 19, 2008, 04:54 PM

I'm sorry to hear of this. prayers go out

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Dec 19, 2008, 04:54 PM

You could set up a PayPal account to accept donations, it's been done in the past for people in need.

iranfromthezoo  (op)
Senior User
Dec 19, 2008, 05:00 PM

Okay so we set up an account. It's at [email protected]

If you make it out to The Mountain Community Church: in care of Dave Marshall Family it will be a tax free.

If any of you guys have any advice from a small business standpoint to pass along that will be great,

Railroader
Banned
Dec 20, 2008, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by iranfromthezoo View Post
f you make it out to The Mountain Community Church: in care of Dave Marshall Family it will be a tax free.
Tax-deductible.

Railroader
Banned
Dec 20, 2008, 02:35 PM

Prayers for you guys.

Keep us up to date will ya?

Love Calm Quiet
Mac Elite
Dec 20, 2008, 04:21 PM

Certainly will. That's really a tough one.

For you people of faith, may this quickly become your Phoenix moment.

Blessings!
TOMBSTONE: "He's trashed his last preferences"

iranfromthezoo  (op)
Senior User
Dec 20, 2008, 10:28 PM

Thanks RailRoader. Had a DA moment there.

I went there today. His everything was destroyed. Including thousands of dollars worth of merchandise. He's in good spirits considering everything. He is going to rebuild but also look for more ways to make money.

@pplejaxkz
Senior User
Dec 29, 2008, 02:00 AM

It's a real tough situation. Just recently, November, there was a fire in my apartment court. The whole top floor was destroyed. I can't ever imagine how tough it must be to get back on your feet. I hope everything is going alright for him so far, and it's great to hear that he is in good spirits. Keep us posted!

Forum Links
Forum Rules