Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Stuffit Expander Problems

Stuffit Expander Problems
fivminwalk7
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 5, 2005, 07:02 PM

Hello....
I just got a new ibook and im trying to use stuffit expander to open .sit files. However, when i try to expand these files, the expanded folder does not contain any files.... is there a different program that i can use? Does anyone know about problems between os 10.4 and stuffit? I have checked out all the prefs in stuffit expander... but they all seem normal..... any ideas? Is there a better program to use? Too many questions??? (kidding )

Thanks!
craz@y

dr. zoidberg
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 5, 2005, 07:50 PM

do you have the latest version of stuffit lite/expander? probably the archives are corrupt?

however, since it is a proprietary format, there's no way round stuffit ...
"And Zapp Brannigan, your score qualifies you as assistant delivery boy, second class."
"Hmm. I guess I'll have to sleep my way to the top. Kif, wake me when I'm there."

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Dec 5, 2005, 08:01 PM

If they're from the same source It's more likely that the files are corrupt, as Zoidberg said. You can test that hypothesis by unstuffing a different .sit archive to verify the source of the problem.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

fivminwalk7  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 6, 2005, 01:54 AM

thanks guys.... ill check it out and see what happens....
craz@y

jdiddy
Forum Regular
Dec 6, 2005, 04:35 AM

I had the same problem the remedy for it is a setting in the Stuffit Expander preferences. Just open up the program choose prefrences then desitnation then choose always. That worked for me. Try it out. theres nothing wrong with your ibook and probably nothing wrong with the archives your trying to open.

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 6, 2005, 06:17 AM

If you got an empty folder again, try to drag one file you have over there (an empty folder, a .jpg file, whatever…) inside the 'empty folder' you got after expand the .sit file… it works for me.

Forum Links
Forum Rules