Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPod Full?

iPod Full?
F*ckDell
Banned
Oct 9, 2006, 10:40 AM

Just the other day I tried updating my 20gb 4G iPod. Now with Apples new interface for the iPod I saw what was on my iPod and how much room I had left. I was trying to put about 1.5 gbs of music on my iPod that had 3 gbs. I'd get an error after a few minutes saying my iPod was full. I knew I had room for my newly downloaded music so I thought I'd restore it and try again. I performed the restore, fallowed by the update to 3.1. I checked out my iPod, everything was sent back to fac. settings and there is no music on my iPod. However, when I go to update my iPod again, I get the same message.

Here is my big worry and question. When I plug my iPod in, iTunes loads and so does my iPod, the screen on the iPod changes to "do not disconnect" and all that good crap. When the iPod isn't attached to my computer the interface works fine without any problems. However, when I tell my computer to update my selected smart folders, nothings happens. Nor can I hear or feel the HDD moving around in my iPod. After a few minutes I get the same error that I mentioned earlier. Is my HDD shot in my iPod?

Get this; once I disconnect my iPod through iTunes, I hear the HDD speed up, click a few times and boom, there is the iPod interface with noooo songs uploaded.

If it is the case of the iPods HDD, where would I look to get a replacement HDD, and would I be able to fit a bigger HDD is my 4G 20gb iPod case? Thanks for your help guys!

Forum Links
Forum Rules