Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Anime recommendation: Haibane Renmei

Anime recommendation: Haibane Renmei
Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Oct 14, 2006, 11:16 PM

I just got finished watching Haibane Renmei today, and I just had to mention it. That's the best five hours of TV I have seen in a long time. It's about this race of angel-type creatures with grey wings called haibane. They live in a walled city called Glie, which is a human town that basically exists for the haibane. The haibane had a life (presumably as humans) before they were born in that form, but nobody can remember what happened there. A haibane girl named Rakka is born from a cocoon one day, and the series is basically about Rakka coming to understand and live in this new world. It's a really fascinating and touching story that goes from being wonderfully happy at some parts to very sad at others. The pacing is very deliberate, so you really get to appreciate the detail of the show's world and characters.

It's not really a new series, so some people may have already seen it, but I haven't watched a lot of anime shows since I was 18, so it's new to me. It was such a refreshing change from most of what I see on TV, I thought somebody else might enjoy it too.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Forum Links
Forum Rules