Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Obama calls black people "Mongrels"

Obama calls black people "Mongrels" (Page 2)
OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 5, 2010, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by ebuddy View Post
As long as eyes are moving to and fro looking to be offended, they will never be disappointed.
IOW, if your viewpoint is correct, according to you, it doesn't matter what others think.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Aug 5, 2010, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by OldManMac View Post
IOW, if your viewpoint is correct, according to you, it doesn't matter what others think.
If you insist on using other words for what I said, you could say; if you want to be offended, you will be offended. If you want to be disliked, you will be disliked. If you want to be unhappy, you will be unhappy.
ebuddy

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 5, 2010, 09:59 PM

If you insist on using other words for what I said, you could say; if you want to be offended, you will be offended. If you want to be disliked, you will be disliked. If you want to be unhappy, you will be unhappy.
The intent of your statement was perfectly clear. What you won't admit, apparently, is that many people are disliked and offended just because of who they are, through no choice of their own. You know that as well as I do.

CRASH HARDDRIVE
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 5, 2010, 10:12 PM

The intent of your statement was perfectly clear. What you won't admit, apparently, is that many people are disliked and offended just because of who they are, through no choice of their own. You know that as well as I do.
And one day maybe you'll wake up and realize that's pretty much EVERYONE. So what do you do? Wallow in it, be defeated by it, or move on already? If you're a liberal Democrat we know the answer to that- declare permanent defeat, wallow in it, and try to make everyone else wallow in it as well.

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 5, 2010, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by CRASH HARDDRIVE View Post
And one day maybe you'll wake up and realize that's pretty much EVERYONE. So what do you do? Wallow in it, be defeated by it, or move on already? If you're a liberal Democrat we know the answer to that- declare permanent defeat, wallow in it, and try to make everyone else wallow in it as well.
And maybe one day you'll wake up and realize that isn't EVERYONE. Nah, what am I thinking?

CRASH HARDDRIVE
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 5, 2010, 10:22 PM

Aww, break out the world's smallest violin for OldManMac, he's sooooooooo picked on. Wallow in your defeat, that's fine, just don't expect me to. I don't give a damn what offends your lame ass, or who doesn't like you.

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 6, 2010, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by CRASH HARDDRIVE View Post
Aww, break out the world's smallest violin for OldManMac, he's sooooooooo picked on. Wallow in your defeat, that's fine, just don't expect me to. I don't give a damn what offends your lame ass, or who doesn't like you.
You really haven't a clue, do you? You're an idiot.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Aug 7, 2010, 10:23 AM

What a silly thing to say. Of course I've admitted this, maybe not here, but in the past. You can wallow in it or decide that it ultimately has no power over you and rise above it. Here's the thing, when you do rise above it and succeed, you'll be disliked then as well by virtue of your success. Some folks dislike rich people, some folks dislike poor people, some folks dislike young people and some old people, People dislike fat people, thin people, fat people who lose a lot of weight and become thin, thin people who gain a lot of wait and become fat, people with long hair, people with short hair, people who speak intelligently, people who speak unintelligently, people with an opinion, people without an opinion, some white folks dislike black folks, some white folks dislike slightly darker white folks, some black folks dislike white folks, some darker skinned black folks dislike lighter skinned black folks, some folks dislike Democrats, some people dislike Republicans... so there you have it, all kinds of reasons to be hated. Then what?
ebuddy

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 7, 2010, 08:22 PM

What a silly thing to say. Of course I've admitted this, maybe not here, but in the past. You can wallow in it or decide that it ultimately has no power over you and rise above it. Here's the thing, when you do rise above it and succeed, you'll be disliked then as well by virtue of your success. Some folks dislike rich people, some folks dislike poor people, some folks dislike young people and some old people, People dislike fat people, thin people, fat people who lose a lot of weight and become thin, thin people who gain a lot of wait and become fat, people with long hair, people with short hair, people who speak intelligently, people who speak unintelligently, people with an opinion, people without an opinion, some white folks dislike black folks, some white folks dislike slightly darker white folks, some black folks dislike white folks, some darker skinned black folks dislike lighter skinned black folks, some folks dislike Democrats, some people dislike Republicans... so there you have it, all kinds of reasons to be hated. Then what?
None of the categories you mentioned have people in them who are arrested because of the characteristic they possess. There's also a difference between dislike, and ruining someone's life simply because they're black, or gay, for example.

Forum Links
Forum Rules