Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > BNP membership list leaked

BNP membership list leaked
Sayf-Allah
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 18, 2008, 05:09 PM

http://bnpmemberslist.blogspot.com/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...-internet.html

Some of them will probably be in trouble with their employers....

Doof... you on there?

As for rule 8:

I'm really happy these names are out in the open.

"Learn to swim"

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Nov 18, 2008, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Sayf-Allah View Post
Doof... you on there?
Why? How long have I been a leftie 'tard?
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Nov 18, 2008, 05:18 PM

Yeah, way to go, UK. Really nice of you to exert government control over people's opinions.

I'm not a fan of the BNP, but this could be a potentially dangerous, embarrassing, and life-altering action.

Whether or not they're racist bigots, the BNP still have the right to their opinions (or apparently, they don't). A person's political views should be a private affair (if they wish), and as long as they're not threatening violence or calamity, then why bother with them?

Sayf-Allah  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 19, 2008, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by Jawbone54 View Post
Yeah, way to go, UK. Really nice of you to exert government control over people's opinions.
Are you talking about the restrictions on the political affiliations of public servants like police officers and military personel?

They aren't restricting their opinions.
I'm not a fan of the BNP, but this could be a potentially dangerous, embarrassing, and life-altering action.
Good.
Whether or not they're racist bigots, the BNP still have the right to their opinions (or apparently, they don't). A person's political views should be a private affair (if they wish), and as long as they're not threatening violence or calamity, then why bother with them?
They do have the right to their opinions.

And read and learn.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_National_Party

"Learn to swim"

red rocket
Mac Elite
Nov 19, 2008, 05:05 AM

‘Blog not found.’

Somebody didn’t like that.

Peter
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 19, 2008, 05:38 AM

couple of people i went to school were on it, fun times
we don't have time to stop for gas

Sayf-Allah  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 19, 2008, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by red rocket View Post
‘Blog not found.’

Somebody didn’t like that.
Damn....

Would it be illegal in the UK to distribute this list?

"Learn to swim"

Sayf-Allah  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 19, 2008, 07:01 AM

"Learn to swim"

Taliesin
Mac Elite
Nov 19, 2008, 07:18 AM

They do have the right to their opinions.

And read and learn.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_National_Party
From the wiki-report I found this quote interesting:

Nick Griffin has made it clear that this shift in emphasis is designed to increase the party's appeal. On one occasion, he stated, "We should be positioning ourselves to take advantage for our own political ends of the growing wave of public hostility to Islam currently being whipped up by the mass media".[92] In a speech to local party activists in Burnley in March 2006, he said:

We bang on about Islam. Why? Because to the ordinary public out there it's the thing they can understand. It's the thing the newspaper editors sell newspapers with. If we were to attack some other ethnic group — some people say we should attack the Jews ... But ... we've got to get to power. And if that was an issue we chose to bang on about when the press don't talk about it ... the public would just think we were barking mad. They'd just think oh, you're attacking Jews just because you want to attack Jews. You're attacking this group of powerful Zionists just because you want to take poor Manny Cohen the tailor and shove him in a gas chamber. That's what the public would think. It wouldn't get us anywhere other than stepping backwards. It would lock us in a little box; the public would think "extremist crank lunatics, nothing to do with me." And we wouldn't get power.
Hilarious stuff...

On topic: I think it's wrong to publish names and adresses of members of a party or group, regardless which.

Taliesin

PaperNotes
Nov 19, 2008, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Jawbone54 View Post
, the BNP still have the right to their opinions (or apparently, they don't). A person's political views should be a private affair (if they wish), and as long as they're not threatening violence or calamity, then why bother with them?
We get a lot more violence from Green groups and Islamists than we do from these guys.
( Last edited by PaperNotes; Jan 9, 2018 at 06:02 AM. )

NobleMatt
formerly crazyreaper
Senior User
Nov 19, 2008, 07:47 AM

man you should read through the list, there is some howlers on the comments at the end of their details, like one person who has at the end of their info:

Activist
Large barn available for use
Retired engineer (plumbing/heating). MSc Technology. BA Technology. Private pilots licence. Hobbies: shooting (small and full bore rifles). Live steam locomotive maker
activist - Makes kites with BNP logos etc.
^----- As you do

i dont know, i do see that it is going to cause a lot of problems, was reading that they think they (the BNP) know who did it, and that person had a court injunction on them to stop them from publishing such a list and should they be found guilty will face prison time.

One guy on the list lives a few streets away form my parents/my non uni address, but i cant see him having a problem. i mean i dont know if BNP have changed much since i first heard about them, but they were a rather openly racist party but i dont know what there current agenda is.
The Spammer Formally Known As Crazyreaper
Mac Book Pro 15", 2.66 Ghz C2D, 4GB DDR3 / iPhone 4 16GB

Sayf-Allah  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 19, 2008, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
On topic: I think it's wrong to publish names and adresses of members of a party or group, regardless which.

Taliesin
I make an exception for blatant racists. They more than anyone need to be exposed.

"Learn to swim"

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Nov 19, 2008, 10:12 AM

At this point, I'm pretty sure that the BNP is government sponsored. It serves to give the ultra-lefties a rallying point... ...and since the ultra-lefties define themselves by what they hate, it works perfectly. If the BNP didn't exist, what would all the ultra-lefties unite against?

Just go check on the "London Reds" section of Redwatch - you'll see that most of the messages the lefties have are "ban the BNP". Not many messages of love and peace at all.

Yep, the UK political underground is an interesting place. Make sure you have a couple bars of soap with you when you visit it.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

PaperNotes
Nov 22, 2008, 08:48 AM

I make an exception for blatant racists. They more than anyone need to be exposed.
Nah, the criminal elite in Dubai need to be exposed for their use of 21st century slavery, their manipulation of the stock market, their massive short selling in September 2001 and during the recent credit crunch, and their laundering of Somali pirate money.

But I doubt that will happen because people flock there for $35 million parties and to take advantage of the crooked wealth.

http://news.google.com/news?client=s...ncl=1271539779

So let's pick on mostly poor lower class English nationalists instead. We can't have anyone stand in the way of Islamist expansion, can we Sayf Allah?
( Last edited by PaperNotes; Jan 9, 2018 at 06:01 AM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules