Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > .Mac email only?

.Mac email only?
aktive
Jul 1, 2003, 07:57 PM

<edit>I realised a better forum would be MacNN Lounge so I have reposted it there. I tried to then delete this post but the forum said it wont let me. Sorry for double post</edit>

Hi,

I'm sorry about putting this in the OSX forum, but I couldn't really find another forum that it fitted in.

Basically, all I wanted to know is there any way to sign up for just email forwarding and basic email account with .mac.

I really want to have [email protected] but I don't have any use for all the other features .mac offers. Also I am student, so money isn't exactly growing on the plum tree outside.

If this is not possible, does anybody know any good cheap (preferably free) email forwarding services? Mac themed domains would be cool. i.e [email protected] or anything like that.

Any help appreciated.

Thank you for listening and thanks for any help in advance.

Yours,

Richard
UK
"...because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones that do."

keston
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 1, 2003, 09:47 PM

Anyone with a full .mac account can add your email only account to theirs for only $10US. Or another idea, you can just ask someone on the forums or something to add you to their full .mac for email only and pay them $10 or $15 via paypal.

pobodysnerfect
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 2, 2003, 08:54 PM

Originally posted by aktive:

If this is not possible, does anybody know any good cheap (preferably free) email forwarding services? Mac themed domains would be cool. i.e [email protected] or anything like that.

Any help appreciated.

Thank you for listening and thanks for any help in advance.

Yours,

Richard
UK
well it's funny you mentioned that, check out www.macmail.com they have FREE email accounts such as [email protected] both web based and you can set them up as POP3. Great service and did I mention free?

Xeo
Moderator Emeritus
Jul 2, 2003, 08:58 PM

Don't cross-forum post.

Forum Links
Forum Rules