Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Samsung i500

Samsung i500
richmacfan
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 1, 2003, 05:18 PM

I just got the Samsung i500. Great phone. Small, light and Palm OS, yes I know it isn't Palm 5.0 but it still is great for syncing your contacts. This phone is Mac OS 10.2 compatible out of the box even if it doesn' say so. You can HotSync with Palm desktop 4.1 WITHOUT iSync. Go to the HotSync settings after you plug the dock in while the computer is on. There will be a selection which says "unknown USB modem" you must click-select this on and choose Apple Internal Modem. After this you should be able to HotSync without a problem.

SpeedRacer
Senior User
Aug 2, 2003, 08:20 PM

thanks for the review rich!

I have been eagerly looking for a local store that might carry the i500 as well, but still no luck (i've heard it just hit the shelves last week).

Before you purchased this phone, did you have another Palm device? How does the i500 compare?

Particularly i am interested to hear what folks think about the i500 in comparison to the Kyocera 7135. The 35 seems to have a bit more versatility (SD expansion, tri-mode phone, mp3, speakerphone) but i've heard the i500 is much smaller and has better battery life.

I own a Kyo 6035 now and though i love the integration of a Palm and a phone, the bulk/size is quite large, screen horrendous (by today's standards), and speed lackluster.

Any thoughts?

Speed

Forum Links
Forum Rules