Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Halo crashes

Halo crashes
oli0220
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 23, 2003, 12:10 PM

I have a g5 1.8ghz running on 10.32 with a geforce fx 5200 .my machine plays the game up to the point of leaving the ship after that the halo game crashes. i tried playing continue but always with the same result,any ideas? javascript:smilie('')

AlphaQuam
Forum Regular
Dec 23, 2003, 12:24 PM

Someone mentioned they had an issue leaving pixel + vertex shaders enabled. Try turning that off (vertex only I believe) on that first screen before startup. I can't test this myself since I've got a dual 2 with the Radeon.

oli0220  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 23, 2003, 12:47 PM

thx that seemed to work is it a g5 problem or a geeforce graphix card problem

Logic
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 23, 2003, 01:48 PM

Geoforce problem.

I had the same problem on my 12"PB.

"If Bush says we hate freedom, let him tell us why we didn't attack Sweden, for example. OBL 29th oct

beeblebrox
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 25, 2003, 09:42 PM

On a related note, I can get the game to run in single player mode on my dual 1.8 G4 MDD but going to multiplayer immediately crashes the game. I installed on a different MDD dual 1.8 and the game runs fine in MP mode. Reinstalled the game, no luck, ran under a different user, no luck.

B

P.S. I bought the game in the hopes of being able to run it on my Powerbook and my tower and then when my son visits we could have some fragging contests. However, I'm reading that, unlike Jedi Knight II and Elite Force 2 (both of which I own), Halo does not allow multiple installations with the same CD key :-(

Since the game is not worth $100 to me for the occasional MP match I guess it's back to EF II (better game anyway) for that.

Forum Links
Forum Rules