Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Do you play games on your iBook?

Do you play games on your iBook?
AleroLeanne
Forum Regular
Sep 15, 2004, 07:12 PM

I'm looking at getting a 14" G4 iBook. I know a laptop is far from a gaming machine but I was wondering if anyone has played or plays games successfully on their iBook?

I'm really looking at getting the Sims 2 to put on my machine as a 'pass-the-time' type of game for downtime. I'm not a big gamer so I'm not looking to use this as a primary gaming machine. But I am a Sims fan. With the 9200 video card, do you think the Sims would run okay? Can you suggest other games that you like on the iBook?

233mhz iMac � 1.2ghz iBook G4 � 4gig Pink iPod mini "sweet pea"

iREZ
Professional Poster
Sep 15, 2004, 07:15 PM

I have no doubt in my mind that the new iBook's could handle The Sims. You might get some more accurate info if you posted this in the games forum.
NOW YOU SEE ME! 2.4 MBP and 2.0 MBP (running ubuntu)

nJm
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 15, 2004, 09:03 PM

The Sims works fine, as do many other more graphically challenging games (although at lower resolutions). The Sims 2 should run ok on an iBook G4 if it has a decent amount of rame. I have 512 in mine.
MBP 2.16ghz 15"
iMac G5 1.6Ghz 17"
Powermac 7200/120

Rev-O
Mac Elite
Sep 15, 2004, 09:12 PM

Neverwinter Nights and EV Nova are great burners of time and run fine on my 800 MHz G4 iBook. Black & White runs just fine, too.
Age of Mythology runs fine, it's just kinda cramped on the screen.
Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

james_squared
Sep 15, 2004, 11:55 PM

Hello,

The Sims works pretty well on my G3 700, but I'm not too sure how The Sims 2 is going to run. Has anyone announced when (if) The Sims 2 is coming to the Mac?

James

Abit667
Forum Regular
Sep 17, 2004, 01:05 PM

Quake3 runs perfect as its kind of old now. Call of Duty runs ok as well, although you ahve to turn the detail down a good bit.
I play WarCraft III a lot to pass the time.

the_snitch
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 18, 2004, 04:12 AM

I play GL Tron. Its the most fun multiplayer i know thats crossplatform win/linux/mac.
HAHA me and friends play 4 players on the one laptop with all our hands crowded around the small keyboard, and occasionally getting some key jam as we're all hitting keys at the same time

Forum Links
Forum Rules