Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPhone SDK Download

iPhone SDK Download
jorgem4
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 12, 2009, 12:09 PM

I was wondering if it is possible to download the iPhone SDK with out having to sign up for the developers program.

I just would like to play with it try making an app (i have some lame / simple ideas). I don't want to sell or make money on them (yet).... see it would be my first time developing and as i said i would just like to play with it for a bit and see how it goes....

I went to the developers page at apple.com, but it seems that there is no way to get the SDK without paying the $99 for the registration.

slugslugslug
Mac Elite
Jun 12, 2009, 12:34 PM

You can get the SDK for free (in the middle section of that page, there's a "sign up" link that'll let you join without paying anything). It'll include a simluator, but I'm pretty sure it won't let you install your app on real iPhone/iPod touch hardware or upload it to the App Store. For that, you'd need to join the paid program.

But if you're just getting started, you could probably do a lot of playing around with the SDK to evaluate whether iPhone programming is for you.

jorgem4  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 12, 2009, 01:10 PM

Thanks !!!

Boy i love this forum.

Forum Links
Forum Rules