Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > is 10.2.4 a sloppy update?

is 10.2.4 a sloppy update?
BostonMACOSX
Forum Regular
Feb 16, 2003, 07:03 PM

I've seen some complaints here and there with 10.2.1,.2,.3. Seems like i'm seeing a lot more from 10.2.4. Since I've got more going on my machine now I'm a little more hesitant to upgrade. Thoughts?
OSX ...Plastic surgery for unix
Boston Area Consulting
http://rjhcc.dyndns.biz
http://bostonmacosx.dyndns.org

JLL
Professional Poster
Feb 16, 2003, 07:05 PM

Use the Combo update - it seems that some files are missing from the 10.2.3 to 10.2.4 update.

MacFixIt says the same thing happened with 10.2.3.
JLL

- My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.

rytc
Senior User
Feb 17, 2003, 12:30 PM

Originally posted by JLL:
Use the Combo update - it seems that some files are missing from the 10.2.3 to 10.2.4 update.

MacFixIt says the same thing happened with 10.2.3.
Like what sort of files? Its running fine over here. But if there are files missing.....

Peter
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 17, 2003, 12:40 PM

every update I have installed hasn't solved the one single problem in OS X ... disable trackpad when external mouse is connected, make it universal for all mice. Small I know but ...
we don't have time to stop for gas

tikki
Mac Elite
Feb 17, 2003, 04:29 PM

10.2.4 has made Audio incredibly unstable for me. iTunes and Audion both crash A LOT now when I am just playing music. When I wake from sleep now, my laptop might not have sound, etc.

Anyone else have problems?

work: maczealots blog: carpeaqua

absmiths
Mac Elite
Feb 17, 2003, 06:08 PM

Originally posted by tikki:
10.2.4 has made Audio incredibly unstable for me. iTunes and Audion both crash A LOT now when I am just playing music. When I wake from sleep now, my laptop might not have sound, etc.

Anyone else have problems?
I haven't had 10.2.4 for long, but I haven't noticed all the problems I had with 10.2.3 and my output device getting reset every second and not being able to change the volume.

rworne
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 17, 2003, 06:10 PM

Ever since 10.2 was installed, my iBook had the nasty habit of waking from sleep and having the time, battery and network status on the toolbar frozen at the last time the computer went to sleep.

Network access was completely hosed, and the iBook would freeze up after a few minutes use. The only way to fix the problem would be to reboot immediately after waking from sleep.

10.2.4 for the first time since 10.1.5 had my iBook wake from sleep and come right up ready for use. This pleases me to no end.
--
My menagerie:
NeXT Cube, NeXT Turbocolor,
Daydream, G4 800DP,
Dual USB iBook, iPod

Forum Links
Forum Rules