Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Where was she when I was in grade school?

Where was she when I was in grade school?
ManOfSteal
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 8, 2004, 12:06 AM

Mithras
Professional Poster
Dec 8, 2004, 12:10 AM

Oh, she was there, but you weren't friends with her. Me either.

Disgruntled Head of C-3PO
Professional Poster
Dec 8, 2004, 12:15 AM

"though it was unclear whether they contained alcohol."

Well one easy way to find out!

Funny how they suspend her without even knowing though.
"Curse my metal body, I wasn't fast enough!"

Oisín
Moderator Emeritus
Dec 8, 2004, 12:22 AM

Well, considering she's 8... I would say the answer would be 'not born yet'.

*kaching-bada-bing, thangyou, you're a wonnerfl au'nce*

Komisar
Mac Elite
Dec 8, 2004, 12:27 AM

WTF, is wrong with that mother...

Super Nova
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 8, 2004, 12:41 AM

the girl shouldn't be punished, she's only 8! her mom should be the one getting in trouble....

SuperNova

G4ME
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 8, 2004, 12:41 AM

i know her now, shes in college with me

I GOT WASTED WITH PHIL SHERRY!!!

Super Nova
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 8, 2004, 12:54 AM

Originally posted by Komisar:

don't ask about what's wrong with her, just don't ask.....

SuperNova

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Dec 8, 2004, 01:30 AM

Originally posted by Komisar:

If they didn't have alcohol, not what you think is wrong with her.
I remember cups of jello being sold at bakesales in grammar school. If the jello didn't have alcohol then the mother should be talked to by the school board for improperly making the school a place to set up shop. If they HAD alcohol then she should be reported to DCFS.

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

Randman
Posting Junkie
Dec 8, 2004, 02:55 AM

At least she was willing to share. Now if you could have a class with kiddies bringing you jell-o shots and that perv (but hot) teach in Florida and you gots yourself a part-ee.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

badidea
Professional Poster
Dec 8, 2004, 04:45 AM

Under the lookalike rule, the girl's suspension will stand no matter what the sheriff's department finds.
The "lookalike rule"??? WTF?????

Cubeoid
Baninated
Dec 8, 2004, 06:13 AM

All home ec. students should be suspended for potential use of cocaine.

Eriamjh
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 8, 2004, 08:33 AM

Jello cubes are not Jello shots. If they do not contain alcohol, then the suspension should be dropped.

"Lookalike" rule? What kind of crap is that?

I guess you can't bring a bag of powdered sugar to home ec class cause it looks like cocaine.

I'm a bird. I am the 1% (of pets).

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Dec 8, 2004, 11:08 AM

Originally posted by ManOfSteal:
Still Quark im Schaufenster*, as a German saying goes...

-t

*) which means something like "yoghurt in the grocery store"

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 8, 2004, 12:32 PM

A very sad situation. The mother is suppose to be the adult.

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Dec 8, 2004, 12:44 PM

Originally posted by wdlove:
A very sad situation. The mother is suppose to be the adult.
Really ? Tell me more about it.

-t

brapper
Professional Poster
Dec 8, 2004, 01:09 PM

what a classy mom....

G4ME
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 8, 2004, 02:34 PM

hayesk
Dec 8, 2004, 02:45 PM

"Lookalike rule"

Hmmm... jello shots with alcohol are lookalikes of regular jello. Did the girl claim they contained alcolohol? If not, they have no right to suspend her, unless little cups of jello are banned.

G4ME
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 8, 2004, 03:40 PM

didn't the artical say that girl told the principle that her moms makes them for the bar and wants her daughter to sell them at school to make money for XMAS.

granted her mom could have made virgin shots for her daughter, but the artical doesn't make it sound like that

D'Espice
Mac Elite
Dec 8, 2004, 03:55 PM

Holy f*** what is it with Americans and booze? That's like the devil and holy water, or Jesus and a haircut... damn. I don't get it, really. It's not like she was drinking pure Vodka or some sort of Schnapps, CHILL!!

Seriously, I was never able to understand America's fear of alcohol... in Germany (all over Europe actually) you can get chocolates with alcohol in them in every single supermarket. Of course the store can refuse to sell these chocolates to kids younger than 16 (that's the legal age for beer and wine in Germany) but holy ****, so what? It's not like they will get all hammered... sheesh
Americans should really stop acting the innocent... driver's license at age 16, guns at age 18 but beer at 21 - somebody explain THAT to me please. I always hated going back to the states when I was like 20... I had had beer and other stuff for more than four years in Europe but still wasn't allowed a beer in a bar in America.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one
pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside,
thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"

Krypton
Mac Elite
Dec 8, 2004, 04:00 PM

Originally posted by G4ME:
didn't the artical say that girl told the principle that her moms makes them for the bar and wants her daughter to sell them at school to make money for XMAS.
Yes. You seem to be one of the few that read the article all the way through

benb
Dec 8, 2004, 06:00 PM

Originally posted by D'Espice:
Holy f*** what is it with Americans and booze? That's like the devil and holy water, or Jesus and a haircut... damn. I don't get it, really. It's not like she was drinking pure Vodka or some sort of Schnapps, CHILL!!

Seriously, I was never able to understand America's fear of alcohol... in Germany (all over Europe actually) you can get chocolates with alcohol in them in every single supermarket. Of course the store can refuse to sell these chocolates to kids younger than 16 (that's the legal age for beer and wine in Germany) but holy ****, so what? It's not like they will get all hammered... sheesh
Americans should really stop acting the innocent... driver's license at age 16, guns at age 18 but beer at 21 - somebody explain THAT to me please. I always hated going back to the states when I was like 20... I had had beer and other stuff for more than four years in Europe but still wasn't allowed a beer in a bar in America.
Uh, she's eight. Not 15, not 19; eight.

D'Espice
Mac Elite
Dec 8, 2004, 06:03 PM

Originally posted by benb:
Uh, she's eight. Not 15, not 19; eight.
Yeah... so? Like I said, it's not like she'll get drunk on these. The amount of alcohol in chocolates is so low, she'd probably have to eat them all to feel a bit drunk.

And btw, I was addressing the alcohol hysteria in general. All over Europe, the age for drinking and purchasing liquor is at least 18. In some countries like Germany it's even 16. Germans turn out fine. French turn out fine (I mean they're still French... but you know). I really don't get it.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Dec 8, 2004, 06:05 PM

8 is not even close to 16.
Most 16 year olds drink or have tried drinking. 8 year olds are just old enough to cross the street by themselves. Save your lecture for another thread.

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

D'Espice
Mac Elite
Dec 8, 2004, 06:09 PM

Originally posted by Captain Obvious:
Most 16 year olds drink or have tried drinking. 8 year olds are just old enough to cross the street by themselves. Save your lecture for another thread.
I'm just sayin' that if you was an 8-year old over here, you could just walk into a store, grab a box of these and buy them.

residentEvil
Professional Poster
Dec 8, 2004, 06:11 PM

Originally posted by Captain Obvious:
You couldn't cross the street by yourself until you were 8? hahahah!

Cubeoid
Baninated
Dec 8, 2004, 08:13 PM

Originally posted by G4ME:
almost as good as

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,140402,00.html
Inscrease efficiency and give em the bud, the food will be gone faster!

Fyre4ce
Mac Elite
Dec 8, 2004, 08:38 PM

Originally posted by Eriamjh:
Jello cubes are not Jello shots. If they do not contain alcohol, then the suspension should be dropped.

"Lookalike" rule? What kind of crap is that?

I guess you can't bring a bag of powdered sugar to home ec class cause it looks like cocaine.
I think the look-alike rule applies if you're trying to pass one thing off as another, ie. if someone is selling bags of sugar claiming they were cocaine, that would be the same as selling cocaine.
Fyre4ce

Let it burn.

Mister Elf
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 8, 2004, 09:18 PM

Ture, however, they have to prove intent no matter what.
Midshipman 3/C, USNR

Arty50
Mac Elite
Dec 8, 2004, 09:19 PM

It's been my observation that our puritanical ways create more problems then they are purported to solve.

Kids who can't eat candy eat entire bowls of the stuff when they go over to friends houses.

Kids who can't drink in high school get supremely ****ed up in college to the point of danger.

Why? There are two kinds of parents. Those that allow their kids to learn life's lessons while keeping a watchful eye out. And those who forbid certain behaviors, only to have their kids do it behind their backs anyway and to excess.
"My friend, there are two kinds of people in this world:
those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."

-Clint in "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly"

Forum Links
Forum Rules