Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Politics of fear and division

Politics of fear and division (Page 2)
Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 12, 2011, 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
OT: I thought Christianity teaches that the promise of Jesus is forgiveness of all sins committed by those who profess to believe in Jesus. Then again the gospels have Jesus say that many who profess to believe in him aren't his true followers and won't be forgiven when push comes to shove.

I'll stop now.
That is from Matthew 7
15 "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but underneath are ravenous wolves.
16By their fruits you will know them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?
17Just so, every good tree bears good fruit, and a rotten tree bears bad fruit.
18A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a rotten tree bear good fruit.
19Every tree that does not bear good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.
20So by their fruits you will know them.
21"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven.
22Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name? Did we not drive out demons in your name? Did we not do mighty deeds in your name?'
23Then I will declare to them solemnly, 'I never knew you. Depart from me, you evildoers.
'

As to 1st Corinthians, Mea culpa. I exclude verse 11, which says just that.
Do you not know that the unjust will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators nor idolaters nor adulterers nor boy prostitutes nor sodomites
nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor robbers will inherit the kingdom of God.
That is what some of you used to be; but now you have had yourselves washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God
( Last edited by Chongo; Apr 12, 2011 at 02:20 AM. )
45/47

Forum Links
Forum Rules