Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > Apple workers spotted testing Apple Watch in public

Apple workers spotted testing Apple Watch in public
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Sep 22, 2014, 02:53 PM

Apple engineers have been spotted wearing the Apple Watch in public, according to various anecdotes on Twitter. "Saw a few Apple employees wearing the iWatch [sic] at a bus stop in mission. All were wearing the sport edition and carrying the iPhone six plus," writes one person. Another source claims to have seen someone wearing a gold model. The two cited incidents both took place in San Francisco, a home base for many Apple workers.

In later phases of product testing, Apple engineers will begin to use products in the wild, even if the hardware has to be disguised. The Apple Watch was announced on September 9 however, so there may be no reason to conceal testing efforts. The product is scheduled to ship in early 2015.
( Last edited by NewsPoster; Sep 23, 2014 at 03:47 AM. )

Inkling
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 22, 2014, 04:40 PM

Yes, I can see it. On those iPhone 6s, they're busy reporting the time: "I'm at Sixth and Pine and it is 3:10... I'm am at 10th and Oak and it is 3:15. It's hard work, but someone has to test those new iWatches to make sure they tell the correct time. Where would we be without them.
Author of Untangling Tolkien and Chesterton on War and Peace

DiabloConQueso
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 22, 2014, 05:21 PM

You're right, Apple should have just made a smartwatch and foregone the real-world testing altogether. I mean, if it tells time, it tells time! -- what further testing beyond that do they really need?

Probably just a bunch of sheeple employees bopping around town attention-whoring, amirite?!

Charles Martin
Mac Elite
Sep 23, 2014, 02:44 AM

Yeah, it's not like the Apple Watch does anything else but tell time.
Charles Martin
MacNN Editor

Forum Links
Forum Rules