Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Monitor won't sleep

Monitor won't sleep
Stephen Spector
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 20, 2001, 05:06 PM

I cannot figure out what I've done, but under OS X 10.1.1, my 17" Apple flat panel will no longer sleep. The screen saver will come on after 20 minutes, but even though Energy Saver says sleep the display after 10 minutes, nothing. Zip. Nada. Disabling screen saver so it never comes on makes no difference. It *used* to work, so it has to be something I did. But what? Any help would be appreciated.

Best wishes for the holidays.

Jelle Monkmater
Dedicated MacNNer
Location: World capital of drugs and prostitution. Hmmm... SEXTC...
Dec 21, 2001, 06:41 AM

I have this problem whenever I've run a VNC server -- the computer will go to Screensaver, but not to sleep. Logging out and back in fixes the problem for me.
The one you love and the one who loves you are never the same person.

Stephen Spector  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 21, 2001, 02:36 PM

Originally posted by Jelle Monkmater:
<STRONG>I have this problem whenever I've run a VNC server -- the computer will go to Screensaver, but not to sleep. Logging out and back in fixes the problem for me.</STRONG>

I wish it were that simple. After installing the 10.1.2 update, I set the Enery Saver and let the computer sit there ... nothing running. And as before, nothing happened. But ... I read somewhere that there might be a problem with either Suitcase 10.1 or the Offioce v.X daemon that runs at login. I will disable those and post my findings. Anjd in te meantime, if anyone has a clue, I would be grateful.

Forum Links
Forum Rules