Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Bluetooth Questions for Powerbook

Bluetooth Questions for Powerbook
Indohottie
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 14, 2005, 10:33 PM

Hey

Couple quick questions.. from my reading, bluetooth sony ericsson phones seem to be the best out there for bluetooth sync with apples.. Does anyone have a Sony Ericsson S710 or a Motorola Razr 3? How does the bluetooth on those work in tiger?

Also, can a bluetooth headset for a phone work for video and audio chat using ichat or skype?

Thanks

Frank

meefin
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 15, 2005, 09:49 AM

I have a Razr v3. It syncs perfectly with iSync. My powerbook is coming in the mail in a few hours (), and I'll test the bluetooth transfer for you when it gets here.
Powerbook - 15" / 1.67GHz / 1 GB / 80 GB / 128 MB video
Mac Mini - 1.42 GHz / 512 MB / 80 GB / 32 MB video

flanders
Forum Regular
Jun 15, 2005, 11:01 AM

I can second the v3 works perfectly with Tiger, even over BT using iSync. I haven't tried it since I loaded Tiger but you definitely should be able to use a BT headset for iChat and/or Skype.
MBP C2D 2.16Ghz 15" Matte, 2GB RAM

cspuryear
Jun 15, 2005, 11:31 AM

Although it's not the same SE model you're looking at, I've got the T608 (Sprint) and have had no problems w/ the Address Book and iSync over Bluetooth.
--------Insert Catchy Tagline Here--------

Forum Links
Forum Rules