Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > MSN on OSX webcam & Pictures?

MSN on OSX webcam & Pictures?
paradice
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 9, 2004, 12:58 PM

Hi i like to chat to friends on msn and i get invited to view others webcams but can never see them. i know this is beacuse i have a mac because on my friends PC i can see them. Also the PC version supports pictures which is not avaliable on the mac. is there a way around this, msn does display a message saying please update to be able to view this and the update is the same verion as my current version.
Thanks for help
Tony

OSX 10.3
Powerbook 17'AU
MSN Version:4

ryju
Professional Poster
Aug 9, 2004, 01:11 PM

Microsoft's MSN client for OS X does not support user display pictures or audio/video conferencing.
I don't believe there is any way to videochat with MSN users on the Mac yet, however to see display pictures you could try the client aMSN which is kind of buggy.

Horsepoo!!!
Banned
Aug 9, 2004, 01:18 PM

Originally posted by ryju:
Microsoft's MSN client for OS X does not support user display pictures or audio/video conferencing.
I don't believe there is any way to videochat with MSN users on the Mac yet, however to see display pictures you could try the client aMSN which is kind of buggy.
Ugh...how can you recommend aMSN when Proteus and Adium (Adium will soon display them in the contact list) can show buddy picts.

paradice...there is no way to use a webcam to videochat with MSN users on the Mac...*but* why should you change for your friends...if they really want to videochat with you, tell them to download AIM for PC and use iChat on your Mac.

ryju
Professional Poster
Aug 9, 2004, 01:21 PM

Originally posted by Horsepoo!!!:
Ugh...how can you recommend that when Proteus and Adium (Adium will soon display them in the contact list) can show buddy picts.
Probably since I don't use either of them and therefore wouldn't know what they offer (I don't use aMSN either).

Since you didn't bother to post links...
Adium
Proteus

Forum Links
Forum Rules