Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Real Madrid playing in Toronto today.

Real Madrid playing in Toronto today.
Eug
Clinically Insane
Aug 7, 2009, 12:47 AM

I wonder how easy Ronaldo and Real Madrid are gonna go on Toronto FC today. 3-0? I'm sure they could make it 5-0 if they wanted.

My GF's going to the game, but I'm not, dammit. I was too cheap to pay the $200+ tickets just to see Toronto get shellacked. However, her friend had a free ticket so she's going without me.

People paid $15 just to go see them practice.

Phileas
Mac Elite
Aug 7, 2009, 07:55 AM

I would have paid for tickets, but I was too late and the game was sold out. We live about 15 minutes walk from the stadium, so we'll hear the noise.

Oh, and I predict 7:1 for Real.

Eug  (op)
Clinically Insane
Aug 7, 2009, 08:10 PM

ghporter
Administrator
Aug 7, 2009, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Eug View Post
I saw that on ESPN...and sighed. It looks like your prediction of a pasting is coming true. Sorry, dude.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

crazycylon
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 7, 2009, 09:46 PM

At least you folks had an opportunity for a chance to see Real Madrid. In Edmonton it cost me $60 + fees end up being $80 a ticket to sit near the end zone high up on the section to see River Plate and Everton. The good tickets in the middle of the pitch were $120 + fees . Everton never played any of their star players until about 25 minutes left in the 2nd half. Very few of the stars advertised played in that game.

I would have gladly paid $200 to see Real Madrid play because at least they will show case their star players.
As a man comes, so he departs.

Eug  (op)
Clinically Insane
Aug 7, 2009, 09:54 PM

Final score: 5-1. I'm shocked Toronto scored a goal. It would almost be worth it to pay $200 to see that one goal.

75th minute Dudek produces a fat rebound for substitute Gabe Gala, who, improbably, scores. The crowd loses its mind. Gala looks as though he scored the World Cup-winning goal. Comedy all around.

crazycylon
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 9, 2009, 01:26 AM

GOLTV showed the game today. A fair bit was cut out as they showed a 90+ min game in 60 minutes with commericals.

It was nice to see the stars of Real Madrid play. Toronto had some good moments but the game will mostly serve as a good learning lesson for them on how hard they will need to work to make it to the next level. Real Madrid was never really at risk of losing this game. It will be interesting to see how DC United does against them. I am assuming DC United will suffer a similar fate as the level of play is so different.
As a man comes, so he departs.

Forum Links
Forum Rules