Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > M.S. Office 2004 - Font Issue

M.S. Office 2004 - Font Issue
Richard Clark
Senior User
Nov 4, 2004, 06:30 PM

G4/867 DP G4/450
10.3.5 10.3.5
Office 2004 Office 2004

Hi Everyone!

We've got something weird happening in M.S. Word (Office 2004). There are documents that go between PC's and Mac's. When a Mac user goes to insert text in a paragraph the font will change from Palatino to Symbol.

You can't change it back. Sometimes you can click in an area and it's ok. Other times it will change. There's no rhyme or reason. I have run the Office 2004 service pack update, but that did not do anything.

We use Extensis Suitcase X1. I thought that might be the problem. But turning it off did not fix it. I also turned on the managed system fonts and activated Palatino that way. It did not fix the problem.

Has anyone run into this problem before?

To my knowledge this is happening on two Macs here but it could be affecting all of them.

Going back to Office 2001 (OS 9) it doesn't have any problems. So that is the temporary fix for right now. But it would be nice to run the newest version of office on OS X.

Any help, tips or tricks would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
"Tough Little Ship" - Riker
"LITTLE?" - Worf after having the Defiant salvaged by the Enterprise (First Contact)

Forum Links
Forum Rules