Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > really annoying page resize and zoom button problem

really annoying page resize and zoom button problem
MacMcMacintosh
Jul 22, 2004, 06:55 AM

recently a friend was look at my powerbook and more specifically iphoto, and as a window user he wanted to maximise iphoto so it filled the screen, so i said to press the zoom button and if it wasn't big enough the just resize the window manually. That was fine but now whenever i open iphoto i can resize it and its beginning to f*ck me off. Ive also noticed the same problem with Logic Pro where you can resize the arrange window.

Ive tried restarting and reparing the permissions but that did f*ck all.

Any help would be really useful

Cheers
Philip

SMacTech
Mac Elite
Jul 22, 2004, 08:10 AM

You are upset because you can resize the window or was that supposed to say that you can't resize it? I can't really understand what your problem really is.
BTW, this belongs in the software applications forum.

MacMcMacintosh  (op)
Jul 22, 2004, 09:22 AM

sorry for the confusion, i meant to say i cant resize windows. The reason i put it in this forum and niot the software one was because it happends with several apps and has started to happen with the finder

Philip

SMacTech
Mac Elite
Jul 22, 2004, 10:04 AM

I have never seen that problem before. Do you possibly have another account on your Mac to test to see if the same problems occur there? This would narrow it down to being just a user specific problem or a problem in the OS X system software.
So you are saying you cannot click and resize a window from the lower right corner in several apps? Have you installed any 3rd party haxies lately?

MacMcMacintosh  (op)
Jul 22, 2004, 10:09 AM

i'll try setting up a new account. Yes it is the bottom left corner resize that doesn't seem to work. i havent installed a haxie recently but i do have clear-dock which ive had running for over a year without any problems. i will disable it to see it that makes any difference.

Thanks for suggestions

MacMcMacintosh  (op)
Jul 22, 2004, 10:15 AM

thanks for suggesting haxies, it just dissabled clear-dock and opened iphoto and i could resize the windows with no problems, cheers for you help. Time to delete ape i think.

Cheers again
Philip

Forum Links
Forum Rules