Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > So I just got the iPod shuffle (1gb)

So I just got the iPod shuffle (1gb)
Heavy Fluid
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 26, 2005, 03:50 PM

Anything special I should know? Any problems with them? I wanted the Nano, but since it was a birthday present from my father in law, I am not complaining at all.

BTW - will I still have to load the CD that came with it on my iMac G5? I obviously have iTunes already, but is there more to that CD?

icruise
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 26, 2005, 05:31 PM

There shouldn't be any reason to use the CD, no. If there are any updates (and I think there was a Shuffle update recently) more recent ones will be available via Software Update or the web anyway.

Rev2Liv
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 26, 2005, 11:41 PM

You should know that the Shuffle has the best audiophile quality amp a.k.a is the best sounding iPod model. It is the only iPod to features a push/pull type amp.

Also, remember that Bose products intentionally compress the dynamic range to sound boomy and bright resulting in a fatiguing artificial sound.

Stingrey
Forum Regular
Sep 27, 2005, 07:14 AM

Maybe this is a dumb question, but is Bose affiliated w/the shuffle?

Rey :)

Heavy Fluid  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 28, 2005, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Heavy Fluid
Anything special I should know? Any problems with them? I wanted the Nano, but since it was a birthday present from my father in law, I am not complaining at all.

BTW - will I still have to load the CD that came with it on my iMac G5? I obviously have iTunes already, but is there more to that CD?
I did not have to install the CD that came with it. I plugged it in, and iTunes opened up, and I was in business.

Here is a good question. Will my shuffle charge using the USB port on the keyboard of my G5? I plugged it in last night to the USB on the back of the monitor, and that charged.

jdc45
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 28, 2005, 09:43 PM

I do not think it will charge through the keyboard, it needs a powered usb port and those are not if I am correct

Forum Links
Forum Rules