Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > My pc does not recognize my 1st G ipod

My pc does not recognize my 1st G ipod
spintek
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 27, 2005, 12:15 PM

Someone help me please!! My ipod could not be recognized by my pc. I tried reinstalling the software and still the itunes default window will not open. I also tried resetting my ipod and that didint work...alll it did was restore factory settings. I opened up the case but I have not a clue about what procedures to take. Please help me I need my music to function through my long 16 hour work days. I cant afford a new one, thats why Im going through all this

siMac
Mac Elite
Sep 27, 2005, 12:25 PM

I thought 1st generation iPods were Mac only...
|\|0\/\/ 15 7|-|3 71|\/|3

Eriamjh
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 27, 2005, 10:15 PM

Mac only. (echo)

I'm a bird. I am the 1% (of pets).

dave49er
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 28, 2005, 08:07 PM

1st Gen was for Mac only. Later versions of the iPod Software Updater allowed it to be formatted as Fat-32 so as to be used with Windows. I know this for a fact because I bought a used 1G 5GB iPod for my Dad, downloaded the latest updater, and formatted it for Windows for him. It works. Period. I did have to add a FW card to his PC, though.

Forum Links
Forum Rules