Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Mac OS 9 is the best yet

Mac OS 9 is the best yet
mkg
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 31, 1999, 03:31 PM

Hi everyone.

I've been using Mac OS 9 for almost 1 week now, under very heavy usage. I can honestly say that it is the BEST OS Apple has offered to date. The stability is impressive, and application launches are blazingly fast. Even GoLive! launches in mere seconds for me.

Hardware...
7600/G3 250, 104 Ram, 1.2 internal, 1.2 external, zip, modem, stylewritter.

I applaud Steve Jobs, Avadis Tevanian and Apple for the quality of software they are pushing out the door. If this is a sign of things to come, I can't wait for OS X.

[This message has been edited by mkg (edited 10-31-1999).]

Flurk
Nov 1, 1999, 01:20 PM

There have to be some additional fixes, especially for 3d party software, and there are compatibility problems with some G3 accelerators but when all these problems are solved and Apple can make OS 9 as fast as 8.6 I will love it. Speed of the graphics and CPU and FPU with virtual memory enabled could be better. But OS 9 is stable.
OS X will be the real winner!! Patience.

Forum Links
Forum Rules