Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Video out

Video out
zgall1
Forum Regular
Aug 22, 2004, 09:36 PM

Is there anyway, through the use of an adapter, to send video and/or audio out from an eMac to be played on a standard TV?

Thanks,
Zack

Jacke
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 23, 2004, 08:44 AM

Yes, using the Apple Video Adapter. I'm using it myself to watch movies on the TV, and it works satisfactory. You'll need to connect separate audio cables from the headphone-plug to the TV though.

zgall1  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 3, 2004, 11:53 AM

I borrowed an Apple Video Adapter to try it out and it doesn't work. The Apple Store website says that the adapter will work with eMacs that have Airport Extreme. I know mine does not and is actually an older model so I don't know if it could work with it at all. I do not understand though why this is a restriction for use of the Apple Video Adapter. Could someone explain what is going on here?

Thanks
Zack

zgall1  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 3, 2004, 11:59 AM

Does anybody know anything about the iTView (http://www.focusinfo.com/products/it...itview_mac.htm) and whether or not there are cheaper options out there to do what I want to do?

Thanks
Zack

Forum Links
Forum Rules