Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > imap mail.app question?

imap mail.app question?
dennis cheung
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 2, 2004, 11:32 AM

I've done some searches on the support site and searched the forum and can't figure this out..hopefully someone can answer this for me.

I have Imap setup on mail.app and would like to create a few rules. What I can't figure out is how do I move a message to a folder on the server itself? My only choice is to move the mail back to the "In" folder. I would like to move messages into a sub-folders under the "In" folder. My reason for this is because I check mail on several different boxes and having it in my local harddrive serves me no use, and that kind of defeats the purpose of imap itself.

I have these rules setup on other clients, mainly evolution and kmail, but I would very much like to use mail.app without having to resort to entourage.

eevyl
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 2, 2004, 11:52 AM

Well using the Mail from Panther I am able to set a rule to move a message to a server mailbox.

dennis cheung  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 2, 2004, 12:35 PM

Originally posted by eevyl:
Well using the Mail from Panther I am able to set a rule to move a message to a server mailbox.
weird...I did a search on google and it maybe the fact that Courier imap and Mail.app has complications.

The biggest problem is that Courier imap is one of the most used imap servers out there =(

larkost
Mac Elite
Feb 2, 2004, 04:05 PM

I am using Courier-MTA with IMAP through Courier-IMAP and have mail rules that move things to my mail folders. So there is something up with your configuration.

Forum Links
Forum Rules